Chapter 14

[RECAP] "The blonde ninja stepped forward. He yelled, 'ALRIGHT KURAMA!! LET'S DO IT' and like that, he was coated in a case of power that glowed bright yellow and orange, taking the shape of a fox with nine tails, 'LET'S GO LIFT THAT BOULDER!'"

[Eren POV]

I failed to lift this huge boulder. It was twice as large as the one in Trost. I could only struggle while the boulder moved by the fainted centimeter.

If I kept moving forward, I'd faint. My hands were already stained red, my shoulders felt like they were going to snap.

As I kept going, I heard the voice of my childhood friend, "Eren. Stop! You don't need to keep going. Naruto can do it" Mikasa said.

I came out of my titan, almost completely drained of energy.

"If Eren in his titan form can't lift this, how is Naruto supposed to?" Armin said in confusion.

Sure, they might be godlike individuals with an insane amount of power, but they are still human-sized, they can't possibly manage to move this.

The ninja stepped forward, he said to be "Don't worry Eren, I'm moving this boulder" he said with a thumbs up.

I was shocked by his expression. He reminded me of my past self, determined to do something without letting people down.

In a few seconds, Naruto was coated in a bright yellowish-orange glow radiating power.

"Woah, so this must be the power of chakra," Armin said in amazement.

So they were holding back when they fought me... they were holding back all of their power...

The blonde soon took the full shape of a 9 tailed fox. Oh my god... no way in hell this could be a titan ability. The size was far larger than the colossal titan, its body wasn't like skin, it was pure power. If Marley were to actually have something like this...

"Woaah, look at that Eren. The guy was able to pick up the boulder and make it seem like a small rock," Jean said with a devilish smile.

"Shut up Jean, it's not like you could pull it off either" Connie said while rolling his eyes.

Naruto jumped down from the top of the boulder with a wide smile, "hehe, finished, ya know!"

(quick note: I'm not sure if I should actually use the Japanese words or the English translation like I've been using both Shannaro and ya know so just leave a comment on what you think I should use)

Sasuke snickered, "Hn. That show off."

"HEY SASUKE!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHOW OFF? I'M JUST TRYING TO DO MY JOB" Naruto yelled back.

These two seem to always be at each other's throats but it's clear as day that they have a special bond.

Bonds like those I need to preserve...

"Alright, the boulder has been moved, let's start with the tracks!" Armin said.

[Hinata POV]

We started working on the tracks, who would've thought we'd end up doing rail work.

The scouts were building the tracks at such great speed... I didn't know they could work this hard!

"Woah, you guys are fast!" Naruto said as he hammered down a nail.

They're fast, but at this rate, it will take at least two more days to fully complete this, we can't waste any more time out of the village.

"Sakura, do you think they're looking for us, it's already been more than three days." I said with a worrisome look.

I last time someone disappeared like this, it was my sister Hanabi. I hope she knows we are fine and won't start searching for us.

"Hinata, don't look so sad, you'll be able to return home soon, I promise," said the blonde boy named Armin. He was quite short, only around 2-4 centimeters taller than me.

"Thank you" I replied.

"Oh I know, I have I better way of getting things done. A much more efficient way. In fact, we don't even have to work." Naruto said with a huge grin.

"Huh? Naruto, don't tell me you're going to use that Jutsu!" I said with a smile.

Naruto created around 20 shadow clones.

"Alright, you guys. These things here are my clones, they'll be working on the railroad for us." Naruto said.

"Huh? What, really?!? You can make clones do the work for you?" The bald-short boy said.

Naruto rubbed his head, "Uh yeah, but it does take up some of my energy"

"So hold on, if these clones are doing the work for us, what are we supposed to do?" Jean said.

That was the first time I saw him up close. He was very tall, unlike the other two boys.

The boy must've realized that he was towering over me slightly moved.

"Oh, I forgot to ask, how old are you guys? We seem to be around the same age" Eren said, finally breaking free from his forced "rudeness"

"We are 19 years old," Sakura said as she came to my side.

"Oh really! What are the chances, we nine are around the same age!" Armin said.

"So, are you two a couple or something?" Jean said as he pointed to Naruto and me.

"Huh, uh, yeah..." I said while blushing.

"Hm, I can see how that works. The introvert and the extrovert," he said back.

Us four ninja and the scouts chatted for a while, everything seemed alright when suddenly a herd of titans came running at us at full speed.

"What the hell! We're in the walls, how'd they get here," Sasha said in a panic.

"Everyone gets on your horses, do not let the titans reach the town," Mikasa said as she got on her horse leading the way.

This doesn't make sense though, why are there titans inside the walls?

We all got on our horses and we ordered to kill the titans.

One scout seemed nervous. He ran at the titan with a shaky hand trying to protect a woman behind him... the titan grabbed the man. The man tried to fight back and stab the titan with his blade, but before I could run to the man and free him from the titan's grasp, there was blood all over the grass. The titan had eaten the man in the most gruesome way possible.