Chapter 16

[RECAP] "The scouts were shocked to hear what Hange said about the situation, but it made sense. They left the room and saw four shinobi talking to Captain Levi. "Let's go," he said as the five of them left the room."

[Levi POV]

After chatting with the four shinobi, I realized what was going on.  Marley has no way of attacking us at this moment.  "Whoever did this must've known the truth about the titans.  I don't know why they did it, maybe to test our abilities... either way, it's still a huge pain in the ass."

"Hmm... has something like this ever happened before?" Sakura said.

"Actually, yes.  Around two years ago a man from Marley turned a whole village into titans... but this is different," I said, reminding myself of the chaos.

"So whoever did this is a different person, correct?  How can you be so sure?"  said the gloomy dark-haired male.

I gave him a weird look and replied, "You don't have to be so dim.  I have multiply reasonings to answer your question but I'm not going to tell you."

"WAIT.  Hinata, you activated your Byakugan!  Did you see anything?" Naruto said after he suddenly jumped.

Byakugan... this is what she said her ability was.  

"I can't remember anything specific, but I do remember seeing a man at least 25 meters away from us.  At first, I thought he was a normal citizen of the nearby village but after hearing this..." Hinata explained with a slight surprise on her face.  

A man at least 25 meters away from the group.  Who would do something like this?  Should we take this and HOW would thing know how to do this. 

"The people of that village don't know much about titans.  Their land isn't as developed and modernized at all.  I doubt anyone from there could be a suspect." I said.

This can't be anyone like Zeke, there is no way a Marley soldier would be here.  

"If you are sure this was an attack from inside, how would they know where to go?  The scouts we were with didn't hold high positions" Sasuke said.

He was right, who would know the exact location of scouts and why would they attack rookies?  Sure some of them were elites, but that doesn't make sense.  Could they be the one who put the rock?

While the shinobi and I were chatting, the scouts left Hange's room.  

"Alright, 4 eyes, we'll be heading out now" 

[Third Person POV]

Levi and the ninja left the building and set for the same area where the attack was.  

"I have a feeling this man or woman will still be in the area.  There's a chance they were just after something" Levi said as he led the group.

Hinata activated her Byakugan,  "We're 30 meters away, I can see the boulder" 

As the group of 5 arrived at the giant boulder, they observed the area.

"Wait... there's a man running away in the forest.  It's the same man from before!  It looks like he's looking for something..." Hinata said as she stopped what she was doing.

"Let's go!  Before he summons more titans, get him, but do not kill him" Levi said while riding on his horse, straight towards the forest.

The four shinobi did not need their horses.  They charged at the man who seemed to have found what he was looking for.  Naruto got to the man before he managed to get away.  He kicked him with great force.  The unknown man went flying near Sakura.

Sakura punched him.  He coughed blood by the force of the kunoichi's fist.  

"How about you show your face," Sasuke said as he pulled the man's hood off that still managed to stay on.  

When Levi arrived, he looked at the man's face, "What an ugly mustache.  Sasuke, Sakura, hold this man down," Levi pulled out his sword.

The man squirmed.  "Stop kicking your legs and swinging your arms.  You look like a crying toddler" Levi said.

The man continued to whine and squirm, "Could you just shut up" Sasuke scold.

"Hey!  I don't think you need these arms and legs anymore." Levi said in an annoyed tone.

He cut off the man's legs and arms.  

"Sakura, you can heal people right?  Heal his wounds so he doesn't bleed to death," Levi said in a response to the bleeding-out man.

Sakura stopped the man from bleeding.

"Now talk.  Who are you and why did you set titans loose?"  Said Levi.

"Why would I tell the likes of you," The man replied.

"You talk a lot for a man who whines like a child," Levi said as he pointed his sword at the man's neck. "Now hurry up, we don't have all day" 

The man began to laugh.

"What the hell, listen to the captain or..." Sasuke said as he activated his Sharingan and stared at the man.

"Or I'll force you to" Sasuke finished.

"What the- who the hell are you?" The man yelled.

The man fell asleep - Sasuke put him under a genjutsu.

"I'll take his information, then you can do whatever you want with him.  He's getting in the way of our return home so I'd like you to get rid of him as quickly as you can," Sasuke said in a cold tone.  

When the man awoke, he told his story.

"I am Gunther Schultz's father, Gunner Schultz.  I attacked the Survey Corps because I believed they had become weak.  If my son could be killed so easily as an elite, I believed these rookies would be no match for regular titans." Gunner said in a sheepish tone.  "Captain Levi, I know you were the leader of my son's squad, but I still attempted to kill you.  Please forgive me." 

"What you did is unacceptable.  Scouts were killed and panic was caused because you decided to free titans, but you are not wrong.  The new generation of cadets and scouts are weak.  Ever since Marley became our enemy, they do not care for titans.  They can't even cut their fingers off."

"Mr. Schultz, you will go to prison for the rest of your life, but your son's sacrifice will always be remembered," replied Levi.

The 6 were planning on heading out when Hinata noticed something, "Huh- um... A group of scouts are heading this way.  It seems like Commander Hange is leading them." Hinata said while deactivating her Byakugan.  

"Hm, is it time, Hange?" Levi thought as the scouts were in view.

[Author's Note]

Hi guys, sorry for the late update.  "Gunner Schultz" Is a character I made up if you were confused.  Also thanks for the 15k+ views, Chapter 17 will be the final chapter.  If you have any ideas for another crossover/story just message me or comment it.