| 0 4 | her

~ life doesn't give a free lesson to anyone. When one says, life taught, rest to be assured they paid the price~

It was another beautiful morning with the sun just risen illuminating its light to the dark world. The shrill cold wave bugged her beautiful sleep and she opened her eyes, to welcome a new day with her magnificent smile just that it didn't reach her eyes.

Rubbing her eyes gently, she stood up and opened the curtains of her window where she was welcomed by the chirping of birds along with waves to make the morning more enthusiastic.

She looked down, where Ali was sitting on the green grass in their garden along with Neil, who stayed here last night. Mr. and Mrs. Mehra were discussing something serious well known from their faces where the adult man was trying to make the lady calm her tensed face.

She went down after having silent morning prayer to her almighty, moving her way to the kitchen.

Neil entered the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water when his eyes met Avni's. She smiled at him and began boiling water on the stove to make the morning tea for everyone.

"Hey, Good Morning ", Neil began knowing she was not the one to start up any conversation for the time being.

"Morning Neil, care for morning tea?"
She asked him, adding some tea leaves before putting the flame low.

He nodded smilingly, "uh, may I ask you for a favor? would you come with me today, buying some gifts for the ceremony", he asked softly, her not wanting to make the situation awkward. She looked at him, who was looking at her smiling nervously.

"I would have come Neil, but you see the work is so much to be done today, itself" she muttered arranging the cups to pour the ginger tea.
His face fell, but he smiles trying to make some sense and not look like a desperate bean.
Ali came hearing them and asked Avni to go ahead even after she denied looking after the works, but Ali told her that Priya is coming over and she will look into everything and she should go.
After much thinking, she agreed to go ahead with him. Listening to her, Neil's sad face lit up like daylight.

She poured a cup of tea for him and went from there picking up the tray to serve everyone.

Outside the garden area, she served the tea to Mr. and Mrs. Mehra, she bent to kiss on her Papa's cheeks and hug her Ma wishing them good morning.
The lady kissed her cheeks, hugging her blessing her daughter with her love. Asking her to sit with them, she gently held Avni's hand,
"Avni beta, I'm so sorry from the bottom of my heart for whatever happened with you yesterday" Mrs. Mehra spoke with slight tears in her eyes. She felt her guilt increased not able to take a stand for her daughter.

"Yes Avni, we never stood with you when Gayatri bhabhi was shouting at you for no reason, we're ashamed of ourselves! Please forgive us" Mr. Mehra held her another hand, pressing it between his palm.

She looked at those people who treated her like their own daughter even after she was a stranger, gave her the rights of given in a family, and now even asking for forgiveness just for not being able to stand with her. How much more she can be thankful to her almighty, for making her meet these angels in disguise.

"It's okay ma papa, and it was nothing like you haven't done for me. Gayatri aunty is elder to me and it's fine, she shouted at me. It was all my mistake to come in front of her when she doesn't like my presence" Avni exclaimed looking at them with a small smile.

"It's all fine my child, but you need to speak for yourself na? This isn't the right away to let anyone say nonsense and you listen to them bowing down your head" Mr. Mehra tried to put some sense in her head.