| 0 9 | universe

~ The soul connection is found, when you have crossed many a times but only once was a spark is ignited~

Sweat beads down her body as it shivered from the fear she was engulfed with. The same Avni Mehta, who for the world she's the happy women, a sweet teacher for her students, a humble friend for her colleagues but behind the sweetest smiles, there lies her darkest secret in the middle of the night when the world seems to fade away and she lie down in her pain.

A women is the strongest creature god had created, she will always stood strong till the end of her fight. easy to be said but hardest being felt, every creature needs a place to rely on, to have the hand to hold on so did she when loneliness engulfed her soul chocking her breathe. She jerked up from her sleep breathing heavily, a yelp left her mouth out of fear which she just saw in her nightmare.

Hearing the sound, her roommate Monica came out. She ran to the bed where Avni was sitting with her hands upon her knees where she put her head on, she sat beside softly caressing her back bringing her back on her senses. Avni, feeling a touch jerked back looking at Monica and hugged her tightly with her shivering body.

Monica sighed sadly, again these nightmares. She had been with Avni since last one year when Avni shifted here for her job, she had seen every minute things of Avni, when she got panicked in between nights and when her illness doesn't let her sleep in night. It had been more than thousands of times when she had asked Avni to consult with doctor but always left helpless.

She caressed her back gently, trying to calm her down in which she had most of all made a success. Avni, moved back not in her senses more precisely and held Monica's palm in between hers. She tried talking to her but her high breathes doesn't let her do.

"Mona... I hav.. haven't done anything, it's not my fault.. right? You know me na, say?" Avni asked Monica in her vulnerabilities which made her best friend teary eyed.

Monica cupped her cheeks gently, denying every single word which left from her mouth, wiping away her tears, moving her hairs back from her face.

"I know you Avi, and look at me, look into my eyes. It's all just a dream, look you're with me all safe and I'm with you. Look?" Mona spoke softly making her look around herself and it took her minutes to sigh down in relief.

"Please, pass me my medicines. I need to have it, please?" she said trying convincing her friend who look at her tensed with sadness all over her face.

"Avi, please don't do this to yourself. These medicines are not good for your body and you know that" Mona tried holding her hand but Avni pleaded with such vulnerability which she found difficult for herself to deny on.

Later on, she patted Avni to sleep sitting beside her caressing her hairs until she slept and went back to her room after making sure she didn't woke up again being feared away.

»»»»»»»»

It was new day or more precisely day off for the people of Khanna Mansion, where they were all having the best of their times at dinning table, pulling each other's leg, laughing, smiling having their breakfast.

Neil went off to his room, after having the best of his time with his family in their breakfast table. He set of his eyes on his guitar and without any delay, picking it up he sat on his bean bag in his balcony area or mini lawn, with a swing and two chairs,not too large but a perfect place to cherish the peace under sky.

Misha, on hearing her brother grinned largely and tiptoed to his room to saw, the scene which made her cheeks flushed with smile. Neil, was sitting tuning his guitar, with his eyes closed, lost in his own world to look at her baby sister who sat beside him happily.

It was their favorite thing to do, in their bro sis time, where he used to play and she use to sing accompanying him more like jamming out with just two of them.

He kept his guitar at side that's when she asked him for an ice cream treat.
"Bhai, can't we just go and roam around the place and later on, will have some ice cream?" she asked making a puppy face more like convincing him, before he can deny she dragged him with her.

Shweta, who was sitting on the living hall working in her laptop saw her children going out, she saw them and before she could ask anything, her daughter jumped in between, "No Mamma, not now. It's so difficult to convince bhai before he can say hello to his office works, okay so we're going, okay bye. Bye mamma" she dragged Neil with him while Shweta giggled and Neil sighed at his baby sister.

"Bhai, Avni kitni pyaari hai na" Misha exclaimed looking outside the window, wind was blowing as the trees contorted in their own ways in the nature.

Neil, looked at her amused. Out of nowhere how come Avni came into her mind, as he smiled listening to her and hummed in response.

"Bhai, you like her na?" Misha smiled looking at him who looked at her shocked not knowing what to say further.

"what are you talking about chutki? It's nothing like that." Neil looked straight not meeting her eyes but when after a minute when she didn't reacted to his response, he looked at her to see her looking at him with curious eyes.

He sighed and smiled as Avni's face comes infront of his eyes, "Ya, I do like her. She's like a water in the barren land. It's not like I wanted to be sure for her, but it just happened to feel lighted in her presence. Her presence makes me feel happy, her smile matters to me. Even if she never says what she holds, but her eyes held the depth of oceans depicting her story and if not anything more, I want to be her armor in the night sky".

Misha smiled at his brother and felt extremely happy to find the smoothness which helds inside of him to make things good in a smooth and calm way. Neil looked at his baby sister when found her smiling in her thoughts, he knew he had his sister by his side no matter whatever will happen ahead.

"Bhai, do you know where she is? Or have you asked for her contact any way?" she scrunched her brows looking at him who nodded slowly in a negative way making her slap her own head.

How can he be so dumb?

"Even if you want to take it in wrong way, just take it. But, how can you be so careless and lazy Bhai. The least you have known about her is her contact info and her whereabouts, but you are so unexpectedly dumbest of all" Misha scowled at him, for she knew that he doesn't want to hurry up anything but that does not mean you should leave it just like that.

Neil glared at her but smiled nervously scratching the nape of his neck. "Accha na, I will try to get her contact but not before reaching at my place. You know, tomorrow I need to leave for the work load is so much there itself."

"Whatt? You mean, you are leaving for Mumbai tomorrow and you didn't even bothered to tell me"

She shouted again for she acted being angry with him but he knew the way to make her sister happy, so together they went to their favourite icecream store, relishing the flavor of their favorite ice creams, snatching each other's in between and laughing their heartout.

»»»»»»»»»»

He packed up his things, to get ready for his another journey to Mumbai, to look after the another branch of his dad's business.

Not knowing, what the city or maybe the whole damn universe held for him.

Maybe, because when it wants.
The universe doesn't answers questions, but it never shy to give you signs.

»»»»»»»»»»

How do you like it?

Reactions Awaited, Incase you're reading it.

The response to the story is decreasing day by day. Aren't you guys liking it?

- Aastha!