| 0 1 | contended life

~ A Joyful Life Is An Individual Creation That Cannot Be Copied From A Recipe~

A lost child wailed for his mother, a man frantically searched for his missing dog, shopkeepers screamed out offers on the top of their voices to attract customers and customers desperately tried to bargain for the best possible prices. This was the local market, which gets always drowned in the sea of people.

Not a single empty place could be spotted between the stalls. Some held a hand against their forehead to shield themselves from the sun, others made fans out of newspapers or magazines.

The sun mercilessly shone down upon the market. Beads of sweat glistened on everyone's forehead and many faces turned red due to the sweltering heat. The salty odor of sweat mingled with the nose-tingling aroma of spices and the sweet smell of flowers coming from the florist's shop.

All of these smells mixed together and gave the market a rather unique scent, which hung in the air from early morning to late evening.

"Can you please pack this a little fast"
picking the packet of vegetables, he looked at the shopkeeper, who himself was busy with his customers' sweat dripping from his head.

"Sir, here's your packet" taking out money from his wallet, he turned around to pay the bill. Paying the bill, he looked for his packet which was not there. Just when a voice called him. Asking him to buy another one for him, she left from there humming a cute sorry. He stood there open-mouthed, shocked, or most precisely irritated. She came back and said in her melodious voice.

"Hey! Excuse me, thank you for this packet I need to catch up somewhere asap! I hope you don't mind taking the other packet" She smiled and went outside.

He sighed not knowing what to say and again stood in the crowd to get his things which were taken by the "stranger lady".

When after a couple of minutes, he got what he wants continuously bearing the push and pull game, he thanked his stars. Reaching out, he saw the same woman almost throwing her bags inside her car in hurry. Sighing away, he went to his bike when his eyes caught the attention of that blue scarf of his being called "stranger lady" which was trapped in the door of her car.

For once, he laughed at her madness who is so busy in her works that she doesn't even care about herself.
Standing there for a minute, he went there to her car and knocked on her window to which the window slides down appearing the most adoring face one could ever see, her eyes held innocence which people could easily make off, the kohl adorned in, she looked at him scrunching her brows not knowing what to say.

"Hey, your scarf is trapped in the car's door! Just thought to inform you" he smiled not wanting to make it awkward.
She opened her door to pick her scarf and smiled more widely knowing it was all safe, "thank you " she smiled at him widely and left with her car.

He stood there smiling at her "thank you", getting perplexed by his continuous smile. Not knowing about the sweet words that left his mouth, "Isn't the smile, breathtaking?" he scratched the nape of his neck and went to his home.

Neil Khanna, is a man of hopes and laughter, the one whose eyes shined with enthusiam in every moment, the one who lives to spread joy. A man of personified grace, love, looks, and attractive nature.

Being the elder child of his beloved parents, Mr. Prakash Khanna and Mrs. Shweta Khanna. He received all the love from them in values and he poured all of it on his younger sister, Ms. Misha Khanna who was pampered of it by her Bhai.
Neil, working as an accountant manager in MNC, loves to look after social welfares. Most of the time, by donation, by attending social programs, or by spending his precious time with them.

Reaching home, he hands over all the things to his mother and went away to his room. He opened his cupboard to reach out the dress to wear for the function at his friend's place where he needs to go. Just when he was busy choosing his clothes, a hand came in front of him holding a designed navy blue kurta with an amazing jacket. His eyes shined in glee and excitement looking at the clothes.

"OMG, you bought this for me chutki? Seriously" he asked his baby sister who was standing holding his dress to which she made a dramatic face and handed over that to him.
"Uf, that's okay don't be so dramatic Bhai, I know I'm good enough to design clothes for you knowing when your choice is so bad" she laughed and went from there.

He laughed and went to freshen up.
Ten minutes later, he came back wearing it looking hell gorgeous with all his might. Coming down, he met his mom who smiled at him and put her kala teeka behind his ears to which he made a face.
"What's this ma? I'm not a kid so you're saving me and putting me this kala teeka". Shweta smiled and holding his cheeks she said,
"You will always be a kid for me, and when my child is looking so freaking handsome, how can I not do this"
He smiled and kissed her cheeks bidding a bye for his next journey.

He picked up his bike and started going when his dad called him from behind!
"Neil, why don't you take the car beta or get yourself a new bike. Look, how this one looks so old". Prakash told him concerned about his son.

He smiled, "oh, come on dad. It's just a ride of few miles and you want me to take the car. Not happening!" saying this he went taking his ride.

Prakash sighed, " what do I do with him?" to which her wife, Shweta smiled, "do nothing, just love him as he's". He looked back and give his million-dollar smile to his wife and smirked holding her hand, "but, we can do something with us na, so.."
she smiled trying her best to hide her pink cheeks turning in crimson red and went inside to which Prakash laughed.

Neil reached his friend's place, Ali.
Neil and Ali have been friends for the last thirty years. Well knowing about each other inside out, a true friend in real life, the 2 AM partner, a shoulder to rely on, a hand to hold in tough times is what they are for each other.
It's always said that distances make real friends apart or they don't vibe like before but they proved it and henceforth, where he's standing in front of his buddy's home to celebrate his happiness.

He went inside, holding a small wrapped box which he specifically bought for the special people today.

As he went on the hall, a hand caressed his hair from the back. He turned around to meet his second most precious people. Mr. and Mrs. Mehra, Ali's parents. The most awesome couple after his parents. Celebrating their golden wedding anniversary period with their kids was enough to make them happy.
Neil bent down to touch their feet who showered him with millions of blessings.

"Aunty, this is for both of you" he placed the wrapped box in her hands to which she smiled.
"You came, that's what all we want son". Mr. Mehra told him smilingly.

"Ah, enough of the greetings now. Neil, come here and help me with all this. Don't behave like a guest" there came the friend of Neil, Ali Mehra.

Neil laughed and asked him to wait and he's joining to which Ali dragged him along.

And they went on with the further preparations for the lavish party...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

With this, we came to an end.

How do you find it?

A press on the star button below will be highly appreciated and your comments will made my day.
Thank you.

Stay safe, people.

Reminder~ Do not believe the things you tell yourself, when you're sad and lonely. You're Precious, My Love.

With unconditional love
Aastha♡