| 1 4 | damage

~find one who wants to decorate your life by hanging his love at every corner of your soul~

Avni froze in her place when she saw her coming towards with a smirk on her face.

She was non-other than, her Ex- Mother in law - Mrs Malini Awasthi.

Sometimes, the unexpected moments happen in the opposite of times, that the person cannot decipher for the next step on time being. Such was the case with Avni, she never in her wildest of thoughts had processed that she will have to face this lady.

The lady was not more than any selfish, impractical and most probably blinded in her son's love. No matter what he does, even if he will shoot the person in her sight, even then she won't believe. Or just in words, she loved her son's money more than anything or blind enough to look at.

Malini Awasthi, smirked at Avni who stiffed looking at her as if the pain from the past had been scrambled down her body afresh.

"Omg, long time no see my oh so daughter in law, oh sorry.. correction, ex daughter in law? How are you doing so far beta? I guess, not so better or much better away from my son, right?", she chuckled sarcastically looking at the white face of Avni who looked down as her hands shivered.

Neil looked on when he heard a lady taunting badly Avni and she despite retorting back, stood silent as her eyes stuck to the ground.

The lady looked at Neil and laughed while Neil looked on considering her as a madwoman and looked behind her to see if she's with someone or not.

"and this handsome boy, oh...yes yes, now I get it! Now, you have trapped him in your life, just the way you have trapped my son, right?", she looked on to him, laughing madly in between looking at the distressed face of Avni.

"Listen, Mrs Awasthi, don't drag him in between and just let me go? Why are you even wasting your time, talking to a bad omen like me?", Avni exclaimed but looking into her eyes, with great difficulty.

Each second was getting heavier for her, as the women stood in front of her, disgusted her to rest. She never wanted to face those people she left in the past, to scrambled her pain and grief. They had given her immense pain to not let her leave peacefully, and now they should not.

Neil looked at Avni, getting strained and was not looking comfortable with the lady so he moved ahead and held her right palm into his left one securely.
She looked on to Avni but didn't feel to urge to remove it.

"Avni, you go sit in the car, I will just come in a while?", he exclaimed looking into her eyes which were red with grief, pain, tears and so many emotions but she denied doing so.

"Look boy, I am warning you, don't fall in her trap! She's planning to bind you with her. She's a bad omen, and where ever she goes, people never stays happy over there, minding you!", Malini exclaimed to Neil as if her talks look convincible to him, and he will get her point.

Neil kept looking at the lady for a minute, she looked fine but her mindset was not. Maybe, it's true some old people get sick not from their age but their mind. The cruelness, negativity and most of all greediness for the person make them sick mentally.

He took two steps forward while keeping both his hands in his front pocket, "So Ma'am, I thought you're the lady with grace and peace but you're not and I'm not sorry. You know, you come here to serve the people but, I guess it's of no use. Because, the way you're treating Avni is purely called mentally torture and you can be punishable for that, better to not regret it later. And... Yes, dusre pe ungli uthane se pehle apne bete ko bhi dekh lijiyega, kahin ap hi pe na daag lag jaye?", he spoke looking into her face, as she greeted her teeth in irritation and annoyance.