| 2 3 | accident

- tere kaandhe pe hi rakh ke yaara beete umar sari, socho kaise hogi kismat hua ye toh fir humari...

If life had asked for something else, she would have given that too but not him.

Avni felt like the movie was going on, and she was the one witnessing happy moments turning into sad ones but unfortunately, this was the reality of her own damn life which never had been less than any movie.

"Avni baccha, don't worry. We're on the way. You stay strong, and don't be scared. You're my strong girl, dad's strong girl.", Ashish Mehta ranged the call to his daughter, who was caged in that monster's hell. He would never be able to forgive himself if he didn't take her daughter out of that hell.

"Dad... I... I can't st..stay here anymore. Pl... Please come soon! I need you dad."
Avni breathed heavily on the call as she silently called her father without her husband's knowledge. If he had known it, he would never have allowed her to call her father.

Ashish Mehta was talking to her on the call when suddenly a loud sound of the scream was heard and the little went off.
The scream she heard was of her mother, Ayesha and the phone fell from her hand.

An hour later, she got a call from the city hospital stating about the huge accident that took place on the highway road where the truck hit the car and the people inside the car died on the spot.

She rushed to the hospital packing the least she could do for herself, promising herself to never return to this hell ever.

On reaching the hospital, moving forward as she saw the bodies of her parents, covered in white sheets, the moment she felt her world stopped.

She stepped back in fear as her back hit the strong chest, the thoughts numbed her brain to gather herself. Sudden panic aroused inside her, she was the reason they died, she called them, she was talking to them while they were driving, she asked them to come to her.

She looked around to find, Mrs Qureshi, her MIL, standing there at the corner staring at her, "You ate your parents Avni, such a bad omen you're"

"They died because of you, you're the reason they died"

"What was the reason to call them, My son wasn't about to kill you but you killed them."

"what a bad fate you've got and what was their fault, they died because of your bad faith..."

She stepped back listening to her mom-in-law, Her face turned red, eyes swollen, kept her hands on her hair to stop the voice that was coming to her. She ran and ran from there till she wasn't in the senses to comprehend her surroundings before she passed on the hospital door.

Feeling a warm hand on her shoulder, she turned to look at Monica, who stood there before her after days. Avni felt as if her breath came back looking at her best friend. Monica was her ally.

"here, drink this", she handed her a glass of water before making her sit on the bench outside the hospital room.

"mona.. Mona.. Neil.. accident.", Avni stood holding her friend's arm asking for reassurance that everything would be fine.

"avni, Avni calm down. Neil will be fine, look I'm here. Calm down, deep breath"
She hugged Avni, rubbing her back reassuring her that everything would soon be fine.

Time passed as the doctor informed them about the minor injury in the forehead, and left arm and hit on the leg. He was kept under the sedatives to ooze the pain, and deep rest.