| 1 9 | walls

~ he went through abyss of darkness to pull her back in life ~

The water flowing down from the shower, and the continuous banging of the doors did nothing to her disturbed mind on yet another day.

Three days passed that night on the terrace, and she had successfully run away from him every moment, not coming in front of his eyes, avoiding making false work issues and staying at the institute for long hours and not coming back home to not confront him had made it for her to avoid him.

But is it what she wanted? Maybe her mind had answered her, yes, but her heart denied claiming it a big NO because even she knows this is not what she wanted but damn she's afraid of yet another pain, another torture, another confrontation from life, from destiny and HERSELF.

The loud shriek on the door made her pick herself up from the running water, water dripping down her clothes, she closed the shower and opened the door to find the worried Monica standing there with stressed Ali, beside him was Priya.

"What's wrong with you, Avni? Can't you hear anything or you don't want us to be there with you", this was the first time when Avni saw Ali, angry, tired, frustrated and stressed which she recognises was because of her. Her fucked up life, where she doesn't even know where she stood.

"I am sorry, I just zoned out.", she excused herself and dashed into the washroom again on the pretext of changing clothes.

Ali sat on the couch of her room, as the tears dropped down his eyes. He never wanted his two most important people to avoid each other and face life with such complications. The only thing he never wanted to come between the happiness of two people, her past, her fear.

His eyes darted at Avni when she came out in yellow Kurti and pants, and never noticed his presence lost in her thoughts. He got up and held her wrist and made her sit on the couch and sat on his knees in front of her.

"why are you doing this with yourself, avni?" he held both her hands into his looking at her softly.

"what I am doing Ali? I just don't want to stand in the same place where I was years ago. I am not capable of another breakdown yet again, I am sorry." her last words came as a mere whisper, while the tears dropped down her eyes silently to his hand.

"Avni, that was your past for god sake and you can't let your past ruin your future, your happiness the one which you deserve. You used to tell me na, maybe the love you deserve is not written in your fate, and now when the love is knocking at your door, why are you running away from it? You are not the only person who is going to suffer, with you Neil is also there. What about him? What's his mistake that you're reluctantly ignoring him for no reason, that he started loving you, that he started doing all those things to make your happiness his priority even after knowing the results of his love.", Ali said it all, looking at her face which changed with each passing emotions onto them.

Ali wants her to break down her shell around herself and look at life just the way Neil wants her to look at the colours of life with which he wants to paint her life with.

He got up and left leaving her alone with herself and her thoughts.

°

The sudden knock on the door, made her heart thud at this hour.
Monica wasn't at home, and the only person who can be at this hour can be no other than Neil, the only person she do not want to phase.

The continuous banging made her sigh as she got up, and opened the door only to see him with concern all over his handsome face.

"Why weren't you opening the door, Avni?"