| 2 4 | soft hearts

I love inline comments, do me some favor.

-

do panchi udne lage, fir baadalon mein kho gaye ~

"So?"

"So, what?" they looked at each other as Avni passed him the medicine to gulp and made him drink the water.

Neil got discharged more than two weeks ago, those little scratches on his forehead filled, and he was able to walk properly and do most of his chores his right arm was still plastered, and Avni had been with him since then. She can't devour another problem with him, that incident had stopped her breath.

"Avni, I am serious. Till then when you will be here taking care of me? You have the responsibilities of your institute's classes as well." Shweta had asked her to go back and she'll be there with him but she denied going back.

"Why? Do you have any problem with me staying, tell me and I will be gone," she exclaimed looking away, he annoyed her. She can't sleep just because he was injured, she can't decipher a minute of seeing him again like that, she's worried.

"I didn't mean that Avni. Come here", he asked her, raising his arm in her direction. She looked on the other side pretending to arrange his clothes.

"You can't disagree with a sick man, come." he tricked with his words, and she came, sitting in front of him.

"Avni, what happened? tell me?" holding her right palm in his left one, he looked at her face.

"nothing, and let me go. I have to look for your medicines" she tried getting up, hearing him question.

"I just had my medicine and you're not a worker, okay and look here", he chinned up to look at her eyes which were filled with tears.

"Hey Avni, look I am perfectly fine. Why are you so worried? Nothing happened, alright." he held her palm securing it tightly.

"But what if anything major had happened Neil? What if you haven't put breaks in time? Anything would have happened Neil, and literally anything." she sobbed as she exclaimed her fears to him. She didn't want to fall weak but when it's him, she doesn't know what happens to her.

His eyes got filled, the overwhelming emotions scattered over the place. It felt so assuring, a sense of thumping heart inside. What on earth was happening? Avni was scared for him, he never felt the need to comfort his heart but to soothe her but she did that.

She bought that comfort, that calmness with her words. The first time he saw her, it was her eyes. Those eyes which spoke volumes of depths, poems, and stories. And they did today, he saw them. He saw what he craved to have, he saw love, There was a calmness in her concerns, her agitations because there was love.

A love that was once a little scared baby, who was trying to fall into steps carefully but with fear, a fear of falling, a fear of losing the balance but looking for a hand to walk beside. A love whose search was evident through those eyes, who was asking for nothing but comfort, patience, and trust, and with time who was entering the light from the tunnel.

She loves him, and she just doesn't know but he got to know it today as those eyes stared into each other looking for something.

She held his hand, making him aware of her presence. He wipes his filled eyes, smiling all the way.

He cupped her cheek with his palm, wiping those tears from his thumb nodding in no.

"whatever happened in the past was past, avi. You won't lose me, I promise", he exclaimed looking into her eyes.

She looked at him, how did he get to know her even when she didn't say anything? His words touched her, no she doesn't want to promise because they're not fulfilled even not human then through something else.

She was about to say but she didn't, she didn't because she couldn't, she lacked, there was still a gap to be filled, that day she will return the promise.

A knock on the door made her come out of her reverie, she got up to the door only to welcome Mr and to be Mrs Mehra.
Ali and Priya.

"will deal with you later, let me take care of our patient first", Ali entered doing a light shoulder clash deliberately to Avni who looked at him open mouthed.

Priya engulfed her in a hug after laughing at her fiance's drama. Surely, Ali Mehra is a drama queen.

"how have you been, avni?" Priya caressed her friend's face which was deprived of any glow.

"good, come." she said pulling her to the room where Neil was.

Entering inside, her brows furrowed up and anger raised.

"Is it too important to use mobile phone? Can't you sit silently without that," she spoke aloud standing at the door and folding her hands where Ali stood from before watching him. He was not able to hold it but still was engrossed in scrolling.

Neil put a hand on his heart hearing her loud voice suddenly and immediately kept his phone aside. He got scared, she exactly spoke like a strict lecturer in college which she is.

Ali laughed looking at his friend's scared face and his other friend who was staring seriously. Surely, the fun.

"tujhe bohot hasi arhi hai Ali, ye nhi ki dost injured hai toh usse aake mil lo", Neil taunted looking at his friend's laughing face.

"tumne pukara aur hum chale aaye, waise dost ne koi bohot sahi kaam nhi Kiya hai. No one informed us if not Shweta aunty." Ali spoke of his hurt, as no one once informed him about his friend's accident.

"look, now I am much better bro. Nothing major was there, maybe that's why no one was informed"

"yeah, that I can see through your plastered forearm. Is it still pain?"
Ali said, moving his hand and pulling his arm.
Neil hissed and looked at him angrily, tight lipped. This man is mad. He's pulling a broken arm and asking if it hurts.

"Nahi, bada maza aata hai" Neil exclaimed sarcastically looking at him, who made a face.

Avni laughed aloud on their exchange, both men looked at her as her sweet voice echoed in the room, a sweet subtle, peaceful, and girlie laugh.

After a long time, for sure.

Her laughing came at ease when she saw him staring at her, she knew those stares, intense ones which always did something inside her soul.

"how about I make some poha for us", Clearing her throat, she made her way to the kitchen not before looking at his way who was looking right back at her.

"This woman will be the death of me, one day" he muttered under his breath, leaning on the bedrest, as his cheeks changed their color when she winked at him, flipping her hair back.

Leaning against the kitchen slab, she bites the insides of her cheek to stop them from filling up. The real smile.

Wasn't it beautiful?

A quick update.

do share your reviews. How was it? Did you like it? What are you expecting ahead?

with love,
- aastha <3