| 1 5 | past

~She watched life and wanted to be a part of it but found it painfully difficult~

When Neil sat back, after talking to Ali much relieved that he was coming to Mumbai, to surprise Avni and to meet them.

The next moment, his phone ranged and the voice from the other side made his breath hitched and his face lost its colour.

"Neil.... Can you go to Avni! She's close to panic I guess, due to a nightmare and I'm not there, please... go and check there. She called me cryingly but I am stuck here helplessly", the words left the phone, without even replying to Mona and he was out of his door stepping out of his flat to reach hers.

He ranged the doorbell, more than eight times but the door was never opened, his face lost all the calmness and fear that engulfed his soul. When he decided to break it by pushing with all his force, the door opened and she was there, breathing heavily.

He looked at her, his heart broke down the zillion times at her state. Her face was covered with sweat and her hair were not in their place, stick to her face by her tears and sweat. Her breath was uneven as she had come back from a bad nightmare.

As soon as her eyes found him, her body tempts to relax, her soul trembled tiredly, and her eyes as if found solace. He stepped ahead looking at her, while she hugged him out of her life and cling to him as if her soul depended on her. He circled his arm around her back and closed the door with his other hand.

She hugged him close, while he stood there embracing her securely in his arms. His hands caressed her hair lovingly, while his eyes welled with concern. She was murmuring the words, but not living him for a second as if she will leave and he will go away just like everyone.

"I... I didn't do anything wr..wrong! Tell them.. please! I lo.. love them all. I... really do.. meine.. meine kuch nhi kiya.. please.. ruko.. stop!!!", the words were coherently leaving her mouth, as she was trapped in her fear inside.

He took slow steps towards the couch while taking her with him and sat down silently, while she never left him.

"Avi..look at me! Shhhh.. breathe! Yeah, slowly - breathe in and breathe out.", he spoke softly and removed the trails from her forehead.
She looked at him with her red eyes doing as he said to calm down her heavy breathes, not in her exact conscious mind. As if tired mentally more than physically.

"Avi.. look I'm here noe? Nothing happened. I'm here with you, no one is here, and you know you're the kindest person I have seen in my life, who love people more than herself. Your existence matters so much Avi... don't lose, please" he cajoled her caressing her hairs while his other hand securely grabbed by her.

She listened to his words, and her eyes welled with tears. Her expression changes as turning to shade light a little from the dark.

Neil smiled looking at her, who so ever said that it's difficult to read people are wrong. When you love someone, you can read them just by looking at them, and Avni is so innocent that her emotions showed to him, without even knowing.

She stared at him, as she grabbed the words he told her, and ponder over. She shift right, and asked him so innocently, which made his heart cry, "Really? Am I worth it? My existence matters?"

He nodded taking her in his embrace, she was on the way to the abyss of darkness, from where she needed to come out and he was there to do anything to take her back to colours.

"Avi... ever wondered your students, who love you? who trusts you more than their parents? the one who are dependent on you? There are so many people around you avi... for whom you matter" he exclaimed to her while she heard him silently and hearing the name of her students, who are the part of her life made her lips smile sadly.