| 0 5 | occasion

~ life is a tiring magnet. What you attract into your life is in harmony with your dominant thoughts.

Standing beside the car in the driveway road, Avni calmed herself taking deep breaths. She left his hand and tried to smile which she failed to. She moved ahead, fidgeting her kurta, and sat in the car not sure about next.

Meanwhile, Neil saw a couple where a girl was holding his boy from shoulders and was trying to make him understand, while the guy was getting annoyed each passing minute and jerked her hands off his shoulder, which made the girl trembled few steps back but before that he hold her again and they went from there.

What he saw was normally a couple talking and went from there, but this behavior of Avni somewhere not felt right to him.

Nonetheless, shrugging it off to concentrate on tonight's function he went to his car for heading to home.

Avni continued to stare outside the window where the city was running in their path, not wanting to meet those concerned eyes.

The vehicles were moving in their direction, people were passing by not pausing for the moment in their path to analyze it. That's how she learns from it, you need to move forward to reach somewhere new and not stop at the path, but maybe at that moment, this self-talk was feeling all as a lie.

Neil continued driving the car, glancing at her every second from the corner of his eyes. The car stopped at a distance from home when they came out of the car.

Without waiting for a response, Avni turned to leave inside but Neil was faster when he held her left hand softly. She looked down not wanting to meet his eyes.

He pulled her hand as she came closer and stood in front of him. He, at a second, paused looking at the silent, calm face where the hurricanes of chaos were evolving inside her soul.

He sighed and cupped her face with both his palms, making her look at him, “ Hey Avni, it's alright gurl. You don't need to be awkward, please. I am not gonna ask you anything neither you need to clarify anything.” he tried comforting her fear with his soothing words.

She looked at him with her teary eyes, and smiled nervously wiping away her tears from the back of her palm.

She smiled at him, “thank you, Neil, for not judging me, for not questioning me what I'm. You're so good”. 

He smiled but smirked at the end just to make the atmosphere light, “Oh yeah Ms. Ajooba! I know I'm so good that's why I let you win the panipuri challenge, right! I'm great”, he raised his imaginary collar just to brought a smile on her face in which he got successful at.

She laughed slightly looking at him and he smiled happily, “You are okay, Avni?” he slightly patted her cheeks and she nodded smilingly.

They entered inside to again busy in the works, to make the most amazing wedding anniversary of their mom and dad, memorable.

A couple of hours later, Avni was in the kitchen setting the grocery store when Mrs. Mehra came in with the packet bag in her hand and smiled to see her work.

Avni smiled at her and asked through her eyes, what is it in the bag but she gestured her to come towards her. She held Avni's hand to make her sit on the couch beside the dining hall.

“look Avni, I always obey you what you ask for? Right?” Mrs. Mehra asked her innocently.

“Ha Ma, that's because you know what's right and what's wrong in my words” Avni exclaimed looking at her smilingly.

“Then it's final, you need to agree to this too because I know that's good for you” she smiled patting her cheeks.

“But what is it ma? Don't confuse me with riddles, and you know how bad I'm at solving puzzles!” Avni pouted at the end and she laughed looking at her.

Mrs. Mehra took out the packet from the bag and open it when she saw a beautiful pink chiffon saree was placed in it along with beaded jhumkas and a nose ring.

“This is so beautiful Ma, but you know na I don't wear these light colors” Avni spoke slowly caressing the beauty of a dress.

“but I bought this for you only beta, you remember that day when we went to the mall and you loved this one, so we bought this for you. Look, you can't deny or even I will not change and will go in the party like this” Mrs. Mehra spoke dramatically cleaning her suit.

Avni sighed but agreed to wear it just for the sake of her ma, as it was their special day.

“Avni beta, if this mother-daughter Milap is over, can I ask for a cup of tea?” Mr. Mehra laughed standing on the staircase.

“Oh sure papa, I will just come with tea! You wait for a while” she went to the smilingly and he nodded coming down.

Evening, 6pm at Garden Area

The garden was illuminated with lights and flowers, with drinks and music giving a perfect few for the occasional moments going on.

Mr. and Mrs. gathered around the stage and after the ring ceremony, people started coming congratulating them.

Neil was dressed in white and light pink kurta along with a vest coat looking hella handsome man as always, he headed towards the bar counter which was placed for few guests when his eyes fall on the alive beauty coming forward.

Avni, dressed in a pink chiffon saree was looking like the most gorgeous woman, flashing little sparkled dot on her forehead, those beaded jhumkas were making jingling sound, nose ring on her nose, and the thin layer of kohl was perfectly elated in her sea-blue eyes, giving her the look of a most fascinating woman in the whole world.

Neil looked at the mesmerizing beauty and he can't tear them away from his eyes, she came and clicked her fingers assuming him to be lost.

“Hey, back to earth? Mr. Neil Khanna?” she scrunched her brows looking at him.

“In you” he whispered which left unnoticed by him, “Yes?” she asked him not able to hear the first time.

“I said, you are looking gorgeous Ms. Mehta” he complimented her looking down not wanting to make her awkward.

She at once looked at him, and for the moment found him cute, she laughed slightly, “Ah, thank you Neil but I know that!” she played along with him flaunting her hairs.

He smiled wholeheartedly looking at her, whose face illuminated with shine when she laughed out.

“Uh, will you have something?” he asked offering her a glass of soft drink, but she denied it.
“thank you, Neil, but you have! I'll just be back from ma, maybe she was finding me” she informed him and went from there while Neil continued looking at her retreating figure.

A few minutes later, the soft music started playing and lights were dimmed, all the couples took their position to have sway with their partners.

Ali bought Mr. and Mrs. Mehra to the center stage and they started swaying in the soft music playing alongside.

Meanwhile, Priya nudged Ali to take Avni to the dance floor but they saw Neil staring at her from the distance.

Ali turned to Neil and put his hand on his shoulder, “You can ask her for the dance instead of gawking her like a despo bean”, Neil looked at him shocked but he denied looking down scratching the nape of his neck.

Avni was passing by when a hand came in front of her, “May I have the privilege to dance with this ethereal gorgeous beauty?”

To Be Continued...

•••••••••••••

How was it? Liked it?

The next update will depend on a target of 45+ votes and comments, this is the least I'm asking for when the number of views can cross 100, I can get the amount of love from you all.

Which did you like the most?

I love you guys <3, You, The Best!!!

Reminder~ “You are much more than what they make you believe, love”

Wish you had a lovely day~

With unconditional love
Aastha!♡