| 2 7 | mine

Relishing the white sauce pasta, his fingers licked the corners of the bowl. She makes the best Chinese fr. his eyes darted to her, only to see her playing with the food.

“tumhe nahi khana toh main kha leta huin”, he pulled her bowl not finding any moment in her body.

“avni? what's bothering you?” she looked at him, still in her thoughts not wanting him to be involved in her mess but before she could say, he found out whether she knew it or not but her eyes are her biggest ditcher. They never lie.

“You know, I went to Aashiyana that day when you called me?” she sat folding her legs turning to him, placing her hands on the table.

“yes and you scolded for calling you” he further stated, complaining in a way.

“a girl with name Noor, she was staring at me with so much curiosity. I don't know why but it felt like something suspicious. She didn't even bother to look away as if watching my every action, Neil. Are you listening?” she pushed his hand away, finding him lost in thoughts.

“um, maybe she has a crush on you?” he exclaimed looking at her.

She looked at him, silently as his words contemplated in her mind. Here she was dying with curiosity and he was joking around.

“Shut up, Neil. Are you mad or what?”

“Arey what shut up, anyone can have a crush on you.”

“and, don't you have any problem with that?” her attention diverted from his talks, she decided to play along.

“why would I have a problem?” he pulled her close to him with her arms, looking into her brown eyes.

“what's mine will always be mine, Ms Mehta” he pushed her away getting up to put the used bowls at the sink for washing. She tailed behind him into the kitchen, as he opened the tap of water to flow in the dishes.

“Overconfidence, han?”

“Maybe, yes” she laughed, at his silent words wiping away the plate keeping it on the stands.

They moved out to go out for their respective works at eleven in the morning, completing the chores of the day.

The album flipped over the pages of the memories saved in photographs, memories are the tresure to live whole life and sometimes the ray to hold on to not give up on life. That has been for Avni, the light to her darkness was those memories in her mind and soul taking one step at a time.

Her mind striked of the events last week, the sounds, the green shawl, the unknown human, was all so confusing and thrilling as well. Is anyone behind her? Is something going to happen? When the negative thoughts empowering her mind, she picked up her bag and phone going to the place she calls her home.

Her phone ranged indicating the ashiyana written in the caller id. She picked up before it went off.

“Avni ma'am, Shireen mam wants to see you to look for some donation issues of this month. Someone has donated huge sum of amount but has no real information about?”

“No real information means?”

“Mam, it's just Ms N with no further information. Would you please come for some time?”

“Ah, okay. I'm coming”, she pushed her phone to the purse not before changing the location to Aashiyana of the cab who looked annoyed taking a u turn for the ride.