| 2 8 | blast from the past

te amo me te amo
tu chaanv hai tu dhoop hai
tere hazaaron roop hai

falling so crazy for you, te amo me te amo

The sky turned dark as the rain started pouring down, leaving people to run in every direction finding a shelter leaving Avni who looked up at the sky enjoying every bit of it. Whenever it rains, she feels the angels in the sky are showering the blessings and love her way. Earlier it used to be like drenching in mud, wetting clothes and ruining the day but it changed. Changed for good.

As a teenager, when people used to be lost in romantic song looking at the rain, she used to get drenched in her garden along with her Ally who used to be her partner in crime, a real one. Apart from her parents she never needed a friend for her because she had her Ally who used to listen her rants, advice her and be with her. But with time, she lost her to nowhere, she never met her after one day she went away.

Her steps altered as she saw him, messy hairs, light pink shirt suited him best, as he walked to her himself drenching in rain. Avni never felt the rain to be the romantic as she felt the moment she saw him. His one hand was behind him, and the other at front as he walked up to her.

Her hairs got stuck to her face with water, which she tried removing from her hand. His hand came to her face slightly picking her tresses from her face pushing them behind her ears.

His other hand came to view when she saw a bunch of red roses on her way, her eyes sparkled at them, usually she liked orchids the most but that moment those bunch of roses felt like her favourite ones.

Neil looked at her consciously, he brought these flowers with so much love but looking at her for a second, he thought it wasn't a good decision.

Hesistantly he bought them infront of her sight looking at her nervously, she looked at him for a moment and pulled those flowers from his hold taking into hers.

Turning around, he grinned widely looking at the sky thanking his mighty.
She finally took the red flowers from him.

She bought them close to her face, and inhaled. They smell fresh, she smiled. 

With the man, she never thought she would ever be. He was just her friend's bestfriend but she felt every ounce when he became her home, where she felt herself, in her own skin, happy and content with herself.

The song suddenly played on the sound box which rolled down from the bench as the group of college teens played it, enjoying the rain, making both of them turn their heads to the corner, another moment smiling at each other.

Hands clasped, his on her waist, her on his shoulders, and they moved on the music happily. enjoying, laughing, and gazing at eachother with love, admiration and peace.

When the face of a person brings out so many emotions inside of you, it makes you feel overwhelmed to preserve them for life and never let them go. With no words, just eyes on eyes made them feel all the emotions of the world for them.

god smiled, two people were in love.

Walking back silently to her home, him beside her wet in clothes as she was.

Bidding to each other, they walked back to their respective homes.

Avni took the flowers in her hand, holding them with utmost care, she danced in the kitchen, doing salsa with those flowers. It felt so special, light as if the happiness in her heart was evolving every second. This feeling was new, it made her felt like her teenage school girl. Her heart pounded in glee just at the sight of him. His presence.

She was in love, deeply, warmly and crazily.

A hand clasped her wrist as she moved forward, admiring the duo swaying happily in the rain giggling to each other. She felt peace, looking at her. She can't wait to meet her, it took her so long to finally come back to her and she don't want to hold herself anymore. She's her own, her sister's daughter. Her own child. But she looked behind to the girl who held her wrist tightly.

“Who are you, girl? Leave my hand.” She gawked at the girl who was digging holes from her dangerous gaze, making her move nervously.

“Why are you here, Ms N or I would say Ms Neela Parikh?”

The lady gasped hearing her. She doesn't recognised her.

“Who are you?”

“Doesn't matter. You tell me, why are you here?” She chuckled dryly, “Now I know, you suddenly remembered that you have one more daughter who used to make you the centre of her world, who used to call you her Ally and you never bothered to look back ever. But after so many years, suddenly one day your love arised which suddenly made you miss Avni and you came back thinking to make it all normal. Are you serious, Ms Parikh?” Monica screamed right on her face, how could the people do that to her best friend. She had seen her girl shedding tears, depressed, anxious in so much pain and no one was there to call her family except her and Ali. Maybe she was just her roommate once, but now Avni means the world to her.

Monica felt bad. What kind of Ally is this lady who was Avni's best friend once. She couldn't believe that Avni was closest to her the most who never looked back once all these years but now.

“Who are you and how do you know my name? Would you please tell me and who are you to say all this to me? I don't want any outsider to intervade between, please.”

“Monica Sharma, the girl you call your daughter is my bestfriend and I would not let any single person to hurt her anymore. I knew it, the moment you left the letter on the Aashiyana. Mujhe pta tha suddenly kisi ka pyar kaise jaag gya itne saal mein jo nahi jaaga. Chahti kya hain ap aur wapas kyun aai hai? What do you think haan? Apko dekh ke wo apko gale laga legi aur she will be so happy, right? She will hurt to see you, madam. that's why just get back from where you came.”

Neela Parikh smiled, feeling happy that her daughter had her people who love her, care for her and want to preserve her for life. But she was also her Ally, her daughter will accept her no matter what. She is ready to accept all the anger, taunt, hurt, everything but not at the cost of loosing her Avni.

“look I know Monica it's all my fault, but I had my conditions beta, my situation which never allowed me to be back. I had my reasons” neela tried explaining herself calmly which agitated the girl more standing in front of her.

“Reasons? Situations? Really?” she chuckled sadly “So where are those situations now? It just got finished. Where had it all gone? Just ended and you got the time to be back. Wow Mrs Parikh. Wow. Look at yourself and hear your reasons first.”

Neela stepped back contemplating her life, situations and time. Was she too late? Did she loosed her already? Why is back then? For whom?

“Ally”

Neela Parikh stilled. She heard a voice she wanted to hear always. Fingers crossed. She prayed for good.

Maybe it was calm before the storms in rains.

°

Happy 2024, lovelies♡

how was the update?

vote, comment and share if you like the content.

with love
- Aastha♡