Chapter Twenty Six: Seeking Revenge.

“Um...can I take the cold drinks and snacks to Mark’s room?” I asked Mum, walking into the kitchen.

I expected her to raise her brows which she obviously did.

“The last time I checked, you are nowhere close to Mark’s room whenever Drake’s here cause you hate his presence in the house. Then what happened today?”

“Uh...I thought, you know, that I should help you out cause you might have other work which is important.” I replied.

“I don’t have any other work right now. You can go up to your room, I will take these to the boys.” she said, holding the tray of beverages & cookies.

“No Mom wait!” I exclaimed in an alarming tone, coming on her way, “Actually I’ve....I‘ve learnt that you need to be polite to your guests even if you hate them from the bottom of your heart...so just thought of putting this learning into practice.”

“Okay, here you go then.” she handed me the tray but not without casting a suspicious glance at me.

I turned to walk out of the kitchen when her words made my feet stop.

“Andy, you’ve been behaving quite weird these last couple of days. You’re absent-minded, lost into something most of the times. My best guess would be that this all is connected to Drake.”

My eyes turned wide open but I neither turned around to face her nor did I respond back to her in any way. I walked out briskly.

I don’t want to admit but she is right. And I don’t know as to why I’m constantly thinking about Drake. His thoughts make me feel restless & happy at the same time. Its all messed up like crazy. Drake had come over to work on the video game with my brother. And now I did have a valid excuse to go to Mark’s room cause I feel like being around the blonde haired guy. Its like....oh forget it! I better not explain! It would sound so stupid!

I knocked on the door, then walked inside. Shit! I wasn’t able to even look at Drake but knowing that he was looking at me made my heart beats rise.

“Um, I brought snacks & coke.” I said.

“Yeah, that can be clearly seen. But didn’t expect you out of all people to bring it when Drake’s here.” Mark commented.

“Why? I’m not Statue of Liberty that I will stand at one place for the rest of my life. I can move around in any part of the world.” I blurted out.

And damn! I was feeling so stupid when I realized what I just said. I smacked my head mentally. The boys were looking at me, amused.

“Okay, whatever!” my brother said, leaving it to that.

I placed the tray on the desk. But just as I was removing my hands, Drake’s hand unintentionally brushed mine as he picked up a glass from the tray. That slight touch of his made my heart skip a massive beat.

Man! This is so weird.

I pulled my hand back. He wasn’t even aware of what he did to me as he was completely focused on the laptop screen. I stepped aside. Mark & Drake were completely engrossed in making the game, discussing technical things which were like Greek to me.

I was glued to the spot where I stood as I just couldn’t take off my eyes from Drake. Whenever he smiled or whenever he laughed or whenever his face was screwed in concentration, I just stood there kinda mesmerized by him while he wasn’t even aware that I was still in the room.