Chapter Thirty Nine: I Believed Lies

Finally that day had arrived.

The day I had been waiting for so long.

My right arm was back to working condition. No Fracture. No Splint.

I tip toed into Mark's room and noiselessly locked the door of the room from inside. Then I set my eyes on Drake. Yeah, he and Mark were upto some Computer assignment. Drake's nose was almost touching the laptop screen. He was that deep in concentrating in his assignment. Without a sound, I walked up behind him and flung my arms around him, smooching his neck.

"Andrea! You shouldn't be here, your brother will come back anytime soon!" he was startled

"Can you relax? Your friendship is not in danger. For one, I locked the door. For two, Mark won't be returning soon anyway cause I've told Soph to indulge him in a long lovey-dovey conversation. She is doing just that." I explained.

"You're smart. I admit it today." Drake smiled lopsidedly, keeping his laptop aside & pulling me on to the couch.

"I was smart always, thanks for realizing."I remarked cheekily as I landed on his lap, leaning on him.

He slammed his lips on to mine, making me breathless that very instant. He nipped, sucked and kissed my lips in a way that made my stomach flip madly. I felt my veins titillating in pleasure feeling his hand slipping inside my top to caress my bare waist as our tongues intertwined. I moaned softly as he pulled my lower lip into his mouth, stroking it erotically that made me salivate....My fingers dug deep in his hair as he dropped wet kisses all over neck. I felt my blood turning warm as he bit my ear lobe...

Our passionate trance was broken when we heard impatient banging of the door.

"Drake, are you alive? If yes, you got to open the door!!"

We heard Mark. Seems like he had been onto it since quite sometime now. I immediately got off Drake's lap and hide behind the couch. Drake straightened his shirt and rushed to open the door of the room.

"Man! Why did you lock the door?" I heard Mark ask in a puzzled manner as he walked in.

"Maybe the winds that came in through the window did the job." Drake shrugged.

"A wind cannot lock a window." My brother reasoned.

"Well, a cyclone can uproot houses; here we are talking only about a locked door!" Drake dramatized.

"But...there weren't any strong winds as such."

Damn! Can't my brother ever get convinced about anything in the world?

"There were. And you must have been too much into Sophia to be aware of it." Drake smirked.

"Um, you're right I guess." Mark confessed in embarrassment. The look on his face! I wanted to laugh so hard but I controlled it!

 Then Drake engaged my brother into a serious discussion about their computer project and I sneaked out of the room quickly.

Sheesh! That was close!

***

Later that night, after dinner when I was in my room, listening to One Direction songs, my phone buzzed. Drake was calling.

I purposely delayed answering him. And when I did, his impatient voice came from the other end.

"What took you so long to pick up the phone?"

"I was listening to a One Direction song! It got over so now I'm answering you."

"If you haven't noticed, there is something invented known as the 'Pause' button which allows you to stop a song for a while and then resume it." he was irritated.