Chapter Ten: The Unofficial Date

"OMG! Drake is taking you on a date?? I'm so excited!!" Soph squealed in delight.

"Yeah exactly! He rarely takes anyone on a proper date! I guess he has a thing on you!" mused Laura.

"Like seriously guys??" I raised my brow at them, "Even after what all has happened, you're saying all this & how many times do I have to tell you its just a part of a bloody freaking deal! God knows what's on his mind!"

I facepalmed, plopping down on the bed. We were in my house that evening after school.

"Andy! You're thinking too much!" soothed Laura, sitting beside me, "Maybe he is genuinely feeling bad for making you wash the car!"

"I will tell you why he is doing all this! He is planning to murder me tonight & feed my dead body to ghosts." I said darkly.

Both of them rolled their eyes at that.

"C'mon Andy, we will select your hair, dress & make-up for your date!" Sophia chirped, indicating me to sit on the chair in front of the mirror.

"I think the concept of 'best friends' has changed drastically, given the fact that you guys are interested in pushing me into death hole."

"Andy, if you dress up in a gorgeous way, he will surely play no pranks on you!" Laura told positively.

I sighed. Its better for me to be optimistic about this entire problem. I need the best grades in Journalism.

"That's decided then! Lets get ready for the date!" Soph clapped her hands excitedly.

 "Who's going on a date?"

 My Mum entered the room with a tray of coffee & biscuits.

"Its Andrea, Mrs Wilson!" Laura blurted out. I gave her a death glare for saying that. She bit her tongue sheepishly.

"OMG!! That's sounds romantic!!"

There goes my mum. Sigh!

"Andy, I'm so happy for you sweetheart that you're finally going on a date!" my mom said," Your dad & I started dating in the high school days & look! both of us are married & have Mark and you! I'm so excited for your wedding! Might as well start selecting wedding cards and...."

"Mum Mum Mum! You need to apply breaks to your thoughts!" I interrupted my mother who was going on like an excited teenager,

"I'm not going on a date! Its just that I am going out with him." I announced. The very next second I knew that I sounded absolutely foolish saying that.

"What's the guy's name?" my mom asked, shaking her head at my stupidity.

"Its Drake."

This time Soph blurted that out & earned herself a well deserved death glare from me.

"Oh that's even better! I like that boy!" mum said, bearing a wide smile.

"Mum, please see to it that Dad & especially Mark don't get to know about this."

"Don't worry Andy! I won't let them know about your boyfriend! Enjoy but stay safe!" she winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. Atleast one murder is inevitable tonight. Either Drake will kill me or I will kill him.

My mum left the room soon after. I sat in front of the mirror & Soph began doing my hair. She works in a beauty parlour, so is good with styling & stuff like that. She did a side braid & made my hair soft & wavy. I've to admit I looked quite different with that. She applied only mascara & lip gloss on my face, saying that she hated to admit but I really had natural beauty, And the outfit that I wore was a violet satin lacy knee-length dress.