Chapter Four: Knowing Laura Robinson

"Mark! Please tell me that I was having a horrible dream all these days & that Drake is NOT at all your friend." I implored my brother that morning at home.

"Well....ah! You were not having a horrible dream all these days & Drake is very much my friend." he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Thanks Mark!" I retorted sarcastically.

Damn! It has been one week since my detention work with Drake got over & believe me when I say that you wouldn't want to know what all he did to irritate & anger the hell out of me. Because of him, I had to rewrite a couple of topics to the point that I could be proclaimed as the next world famous Economist which I am not at all looking forward to. 

"Hey! Wait a sec!" Mark's voice brought me out of my thoughts, "Did Drake create any serious problems for you?"

My eyes opened wide in shock. Before I could reply, he reached for his phone & muttered,

"I will have a word with him right now & tell him to not trouble you in any way."

"Nooo!! You will not tell him anything!!" I violently snatched the phone from his hand which made Mark gape at me. Drake shouldn't come to know that I complained to my brother about him. Otherwise, he will leave no chance to ridicule me on this which would be the last thing I ever want.

"Drake did nothing. Its just that he is a bit annoying at times." I told Mark in the most believing manner.

"But still let me talk to him about this. I don't want him to create nuisance for you. " my brother insisted.

"Mark ! If at all you mention a word to him about this, I swear I will disown you!" I put in my best threatening expressions.

"Okay! Relax drama queen! I promise to not tell him anything." He raised his hands in surrender.

I laughed. Mark is an adorable brother to have!

"I must leave now! Don't wanna be late for football practice!" he said, tying his shoe laces.

So yeah, Mark did make it to the school's football team.  The fact that Drake has selected some awesome players to form the team was the talking point at school for a couple of days. If I quote Mark's exact words, he says "This year's team will brilliantly kick both butt and ball!" Jeez!

"Hey! Wait!" I caught up with my brother as he was just about to exit through the front door of our home.

"Can you drop me at Laura's house?" I asked him.

"Seems like you & she have become really good friends!" he said as I got in the car with him & put on my seatbelt.

"Yep!" I replied as he started the engine of the car. Laura & I bonded really well in these two weeks.

"I never knew that could be possible as she uses her every breath to stammer rather than talk!" Mark remarked.

My throat itched to tell him that Laura fumbles only in his presence but I held my words back.

We pulled up in front of Laura's house after some time. I rang the doorbell. I could hear the sounds of hurried steps coming from the other side of the door & the door opened to reveal her smiling face.

 "Hey, Wassup?" I chirped.

"Come in!" she said, ushering me in the house.

I turned & waved at my brother. He waved back & then zoomed away.