Chapter Thirty Two: Happy Realization

Andrea’s POV (Resumed)

I took the deepest breath that I had ever taken in my life, not that taking deep breaths would solve the mess I am in anyway. Let me clearly outline to you the list of problems I’m in.

Its been one week since I’m dating, or trying to date Daniel. I had been so sure that I would be successful in chucking Drake’s thoughts off my mind but that just didn’t happen. I don’t understand why. I mean...Daniel is such a gentle & sweet guy, does nice things for me, cares about me and everything else that a good boyfriend does but I haven’t yet been able to develop those sort of special feelings for him even though I tried hard. My mind yet constantly drifts off to Drake who is least concerned about me....

It was the first time Daniel and I kissed at the Ball Dance night. But I didn’t feel anything spectacular about it. I can’t help but recollect how Drake had made me feel with his kiss....so intense...so passionate...it sent waves of thrill & fiery shivers down my spine....

I felt a mass of guilt accumulate at the pit of my stomach. I honestly can’t be thinking of Drake over Daniel on the sole basis of a freaking kiss!!!

Something’s definitely wrong with me. And its high time I find out what.  I knew exactly where I’m supposed to go for that.

Right then my phone rang. When I saw the name that was flashing on the screen, it was like God had answered to me. It was Sophia calling.

***

“Mark,” I called out as I walked into his room, “Drop me to---”

My words as well as my legs came to an abrupt halt when my eyes met with that of Drake’s in my brother’s room. Damn the Video Game Festival!!!

I realized, like always, I wasn’t able to take my eyes off him. And my heart mercilessly throbbed behind my chest....Oh Crap!

Don’t stare at HIM.

Don’t STARE at him.

DON’T stare at him.

DON’T STARE AT HIM.

“Mark, please drop me to Sophia’s place. She called me for a sleepover tonight.” I spoke fast as I finally averted my gaze off Drake & turned to me brother,

“If you think carefully, you will realize I am not your driver.” Mark pointed out.

“I know you aren’t but you’ve got to do the job.” I said in a matter-of-fact manner.

“I won’t. We’re busy with the last bits of the game.” Mark refused.

I was about to speak but Drake spoke first,

“Uh...I can drop you.”

“No! Never!” I denied strongly at once, “You will add to my problems!!”

“Excuse me? I don’t remember creating problems for you.” he retorted.

“You didn’t create problems for me , you are the problem itself!” I blurted out.

“I don’t recollect pushing you down the hill or something.” Drake muttered.

I was about to speak, but Mark spoke first,

“Okay guys! Peace! Andy, I will drop you. Happy? Its better than playing a referee to both of your bickering.”

Mark rose from his seat.