Chapter Five: A Snappy Scandal

"Mmmmm...." I purred in delight as I took the first sip of my steaming hot coffee. And do you know with whom I am having coffee with? Well, its none other than all the empty tables & chairs in the school cafeteria! Ha Ha! Yeah, I know that was lame! Duh!

So yes, I had reached school early that morning because I suddenly had a strong urge to drink coffee. And let me tell you our school cafeteria's black coffee is THE best that I didn't have to work hard to push sleep off my eyes & be here.

After I was done with coffee, I decided to make a short trip to the football field. Mark had said they had an important match coming up with another school. So the team has been practicing zealously lately. For the record, my brother plays one of the midfielders of the team while Drake is one of the strikers. Wait a sec! why am I even mentioning Drake in my records? I only need to know that he is the captain & care a damn of on what post he plays in the team.

The cool breeze whipped my face while the loose curls of my brown hair swirled in the soothing air as I arrived at the football pitch. I was startled to find it empty since I assumed the team would be practicing. They might have gone for a break perhaps. My eyes fell on the football that was kept right in the middle of the green field.  I so wanted to play it! Besides, there was no harm in doing that whatsoever. Yep!

I kept my bag on one of the seats in the stands & sprinted to the centre of the field & kicked the football. It was not long before I was kicking & running after the football. Felt so much fun! When I was at a suitable distance from the goal net, I took a sharp aim, sending the ball right in the net.  It was thrilling! Then again, I was running all around the field with my foot kicking the ball.  My eyes were focused on the football on the ground that I didn't really see where I was going. I did a right sidekick with my left foot but I soon discovered it was a wrong move. My feet wobbled causing me to lose my balance completely.  

Uh Oh! I am gonna have a big fall....!

I squeezed my eyes tight shut out of fear when my body jerked forward. I felt myself colliding with someone, knocking that person down on the ground too along with me.

Shit!

I clutched that person's clothes tightly, dreading I might have broken some of my ribs.

"So now, like every other girl, even you've learnt how to purposely fall over me?"

I heard that familiar husky voice purring in my ear which caused my eyes to shot wide open & the very next second, I was staring into a pair of attractive & mischievous blue eyes.

Drake!!!

There was horror written all over my face realizing that I was clutching his shirt & was all over him in what would look like a sort of compromising position to anyone who saw.

I tore away my gaze from his smirking good looking face & immediately got off him. It was then I discovered that there were ten other guys, wearing swag shirts & shorts, surrounding us.

Holy crap!

My cheeks flamed in embarrassment & I lowered my eyes, seeing all the guys staring at me. Damn! They surely must be thinking I am some desperate whore trying to get onto Drake!

Someone please find me Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak! I want to disappear out of this mess!

"Captain! Are you alright?" I heard one guy ask.

I looked up to see that all the players had crowded around Drake asking his whether he was fine or if he needed anything. They were treating him like VIP & no one in the least bothered about my existence, let alone asking me if I was fine too!