Chapter Forty One: A Happy Tuesday

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers <3

***

It was a Tuesday.

It was that day of the week when Drake chooses to literally disappear, switch off his phone and is untraceable.

But this Tuesday is different from other Tuesdays cause he was taking me with him to where he goes on that particular day of every week. Infact, sitting in the car next to him, I knew where we were going.

I was nervous. Very nervous cause I hadn't imagined I would have to live a day like this. The one thing that left me baffled the most about the news article that Sophia had showed me was the photograph of Drake's father. Drake looked exactly like his father. If I was to picture Drake fifteen or more years down the line, he would have the exact built and features like his father had.

To be honest, if I had a choice I would never ever go to the place that we were going to. It was freaking me out but it was important cause I now have a fair knowledge that Drake is laden with all sorts of insecurities that he had been perfectly masking all this while. I wanted to not only make him believe in himself but also to make sure he knows how much I love him despite everything.

"I hope you still don't think I'm prying." I said.

"Nope. You aren't. You're one important part of my life. So, you've the right to know what goes on in the other part of my life." Drake responded.

"That means a lot." I smiled in love and gratitude.

"You already know what happened."

"Yeah..." I replied, "Your mother shot your father who was a cop. But I know its not like how it appears to be."

"My father was a psycho, a dangerous one. I was a kid that time. Like always, he had come home drunk that night and was assaulting me and mother.  And then, my mother did something that was unlike a gentle, kind and sensitive person like her. She fetched his gun from his closet and fired three bullets at him. My father stopped kicking me. I saw him fall on the ground, smeared with blood. He died in front of our eyes. My mother was arrested for killing a cop. No one believed her cause father had great friends and acquaintances in the police. My mother sacrificed her life to protect me....."

I was numb hearing all that. Can't imagine the horror and tragedy that he had to go through early in his life....

Shortly afterwards, we had reached the prison to see Drake's mother

****

Drake and I were seated at a small round table, waiting for his mother Grace to arrive. There were other people too in that room waiting to talk to their friends/relation who were imprisoned. I was feeling very weird inside. The tense and suffocating atmosphere could give anyone the creeps.

And then Grace arrived, attired in the infamous orange outfit. She had short brown hair and kind eyes. She was beautiful inspite of the bit of dark circles under her eyes. She looked tired, yet was very happy and eager seeing Drake and me.

"Its immense pleasure to meet you Mrs. Spencer." I greeted her.

"You really made my day by coming here Andrea!" she said.

"How are you, Ma?" Drake asked fondly.

"I couldn't have been better! Finally you've got your girlfriend along!" Grace chirped. I blushed a bit at that.

"Andrea," she turned to me, "Thanks for coming. We talk a lot about you. The past has left a severe impact in Drake's life. He has this grave phobia that he would eventually turn out to be like his dad cause he has his dad's genes in him. That's why he wants to be cut off from the world and not commit to anything. I've been trying to get him out of this whole notion. And I'm so happy that he has found real happiness with you and that you've stood by him. Andrea, you're that pure sunshine who has lighted up the darkness of my son's life."