Chapter Thirteen: And Here We Go Again!

Chapter Thirteen: And Here we Go Again!

"What the f--"

I woke up & sat on the bed with a start finding my face, hair & shirt heavily drenched in water. Mark was standing besides my bed grinning widely & a jug in his hand, the contents of which had just been emptied on me.

"What the hell was that for??" I yelled at him in anger.

"Well, you had told me to wake you up at sharp 5:15 am this morning, so here we are!" he shrugged.

"But that doesn't mean you pour water on me. You could have first tried to wake me up in a normal way." I shot back.

"Water is the best method to wake up anyone in a jiffy & it actually works! You're the living proof!" he gave me a wide grin again.

I rolled my eyes, wiping off my wet tresses.

"Hold on a sec!"I suddenly remembered something, "I just realized you don't have football practice on Mondays. So how come you're up so early?"

 Let me tell you that football is the one and only thing that can wake up a deep sleeper like my brother very early in the morning.

 "I have an additional test on History today cause I flunked, all thanks to you for being so "supportive"." he accused me.

"I didn't know its a crime to stop your brother from cheating." I said sarcastically.

He gave me a look & left the room. So yes, I am going for jogging in order to lose the extra weight that I don't even carry in my body!

On my way to Joggers' Park, I tried calling up Laura but she didn't pick up. After giving her the fifth call, I came to the conclusion that she ditched me at the end moment. Soph confirmed the same when I met her at the park.

"Are you then Ready To Run?" Soph asked me excitedly..

Yeah! She was trying to brace me up with a One Direction song from their latest album. When we started jogging on the tracks, she was the one who was more optimistic of the two of us,

"We're gonna complete our running target for today, no matter what. I will not give up. I will fit into that dress. The extra weight has to go. We can do it, we've just got to run, run and run & not sit until we reach our target. With a bit of willpower & determination, we can achieve our goal."

But after a while, well....it was the other way around.

"Come on Soph! You can do it!" I urged her when she was slowing down her pace, "We've hardly run! You can't give up so early!"

"I'm....I'm tired." she said breathlessly, "I think....its best we.....complete our running target tomorrow."

"But you told you would not give up!" I told her.

"I won't....give up tomorrow, but....today I need to give up...lets sit somewhere..my legs are dying.." she spoke out of breath.

I sighed, following her as she made her way to an empty bench nearby.

"How come you're not tired?" she asked me when her breathing turned normal.

"Maybe because I play football? Mark used to train himself a lot to learn football. I used to join him as well." I told her.

"That's so good. Its high time I stop being a couch potato & try to be a lean French fry!" she sighed, drinking water from her bottle.

I laughed at her remark, "Soph, chill! don't exaggerate so much. You're not fat."