Chapter 1

I panted in pain as I overlooked the remnants of the battlefield. Inuyasha was leaning against the tree, bleeding from several cuts upon his body. Nothing that he couldn't heal back from. Sango and Miroku were huddled together by another tree, completely exhausted but happy. Shippo and Kirara over by them. Sesshomaru walked up to me.

     "We did it." I happily sighed as I collasped to my knees. Inuyasha finally got his revenge on Naraku for causing him and Kikyo so much pain. Sango got her revenge for her family and clansmen. Miroku got rid of his family curse, allowing him a life he wanted with Sango. Now everything was slowly settling into place. I hissed in pain when my adrenaline wore off.

     I looked down to my body. Several deep gashes riddled my body, it would scar but oh well. Sesshomaru kneeled in front of me, hooking his finger under my chin and pulled my head up. His soft lips pressed against mine, full of passion and love. I went to deepen the kiss when something cold hit my leg. I gently pulled away and looked down, finding the Shikon Jewel.

     I took the accursed jewel within my hands, immediately turning the purple into a bright pink. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. As I looked upon the jewel, I finally knew what to wish for.

     "I wish that the jewel never existed." I whispered.

     The jewel shook within my hands for a brief moment before it shot up to the sky. A bright light enveloped the battleground, blinding everyone except me. I watched as the jewel shook and then shot towards me. It hit me in the chest, launching me into the air. The jewel was guiding me somewhere.

     "Maru!" I yelled as I reached for him. He tried to reach me but he was temporarily blinded and grabbed air. I screamed as the jewel continued to bring me to the unknown destination. I desperately tried to grab anything to stop me from going to wherever it was dragging me to. Branches hit me hard, bruising me immediately. Bushes, twigs and thorns pierced me, my blood splattering. I glanced behind me, finding that I was being dragged to the bone eater's well.

     "Kagome!" Sesshomaru roared as he flew out of the forest. My head shot towards him. Tears formed in my eyes as I went to grab ahold of his reached out hand. I finally clasped it when my body was partially down the well. He was above the well, his one arm grabbing the edge of the well for support and the other holding me. I went to pull myself up to him but the jewel was pushing me down the well, heavier than before.

     "Maru, it won't let me up." I cried.

     "I won't let you go." He hissed. His body was jolted forward a bit when the jewel tugged at me. His silver hair cascaded around us like a curtain, giving us some privacy. His golden eyes burrowed into my blue. I could see his eyes gloss over with unshed tears.

     "This doesn't feel right. I don't know where the well will bring me." I said, clawing at his sleeve. "I love you."

     "I won't stop looking for you, mate." He vowed as I felt my hand slowly being pulled out of his grasp. He let go of the well and grabbed my arm in one last desperate attempt. But even then it wasn't enough, my body became transparent and I vanished from Sesshomaru's sight. "I love you too."

     Was the last words I heard.

     I screamed as I plummeted through the darkness of the well. The familiar blues and purples not in sight. It felt like a century inside of that darkness before a blinding light erupted in the space. When the light vanished and the spots cleared from my vision, I looked to see what was happening.

     I was somehow transported into the sky instead of the well. I screamed as I saw the earth coming closer to me. I braced myself for impact, using the rest of my reiki to cushion my fall. My body crashed hard against the earth, shattering underneath me. The air escaped my lungs from the impact and my world was spinning. I stared up at a blue sky for a few moments before I was swallowed into darkness.