Chapter 9

It was a week since the incident with Sebastian. He has been avoiding me or if we were together he was blushing. He did come the next morning after that to apologize. But nothing after that. I don't know if he knew what he did or he was just hiding it.

     The first snow had already begun to fall. I looked up at the sky as the snow fell, holding out my hand to catch the snowflakes. With each breath, it came out like smoke. A cotton parka was placed around my shoulders. I looked down and glanced at the person who gave it to me. Inuyasha blushed as he looked away.
"Idiot. You don't want to catch a cold do you?" He scolded.

     "I'll be fine." I sighed as I placed my head upon his shoulder. "Besides I have your homemade remedy if needed." I smiled up at him. He huffed and looked away.

     "Yeah, well...if you are purposely doing it to get sick, I won't make the remedy any more." He scolded.

      "Never thought in a million years I would hear you lecturing me like this." I teased.

     "What do you mean? I did it loads of other times." He defended.

     "No it was more accusations than anything. Do you want me to bring up the Koga incident? Or the..." I started.

     "Okay. Okay, I get it." Inuyasha looked away, his ears flattened to his head. I chuckled and looked up at the sky.

     "How are you settling in?" I asked him.

     "Pretty simple around here. I never thought those three would be clutzier than you." Inuyasha smirked. I puffed out my cheek and drilled him in the shoulder. He chuckled at my attempt. I sighed, looked down at my robes and twisted them aggressively.

     "How is he?" I softly asked.

     "He's bedridden. Jaken has been taking care of affairs. It's to be expected. Being without your mate for three hundred years will do that to you. Then losing Shippo and Kirara, really did him in." Inuyasha sighed. "When he collasped, he told me to continue to look for you. Me of all people."

     My body shook as I held back my sobs but the tears didn't stop. I knew he would be in rough shape but not to this point.

     What happen to the Almighty Sesshomaru? Did I do this to him? He could take on anything without a struggle. It must be my fault. I berated myself. Suddenly I was smacked on the back of my head. "Ouch." I whined as I glanced to Inuyasha.

     "It's not your fault so don't go getting your head in a twist." His golden orbs looked down at me. "I sent word to Jaken that I have found you. Maybe by hearing that your safe and alive might help him recover. He probably won't be here though until spring or summer. For health reasons and season."

     "I understand. I'll wait for his return." I smiled up at him. Inuyasha nodded with a smile and cupped my cheek, wiping away the tears.

     "He did give me something if I had found you." Inuyasha reached inside his robe and pulled out a package. I blinked in surprise as I took it from his hands, then I glared at him. "Hey, it slipped my mind. Okay? Yeesh."

     I placed the package underneath my arm to warm my hands a bit before I opened the package. It was a beautiful kimono. I stared in awe before I carefully removed it from the package with Inuyasha's help. It was an elegant kimono. The neck to the shoulders then went down to the hips were white. The hips down turned into a light blue before slowly fading to a dark blue, like a night sky. It happened to be a long sleeved kimono but it was designed a bit shorter with me in mind, so the sleeves would be half the size. The sleeves were light blue before fading into a dark blue as well. In the night sky, there were small white dots scattered, representing stars. There happened to be a crescent moon on the right sleeve. The obi was a dark blue with stars then the obijime was a white string/rope.