Chapter 6

It has been a couple of weeks since the funeral. We were currently sitting in a wooden carriage behind Ciel's carriage. Apparently we were going on a holiday, but I knew better. It was probably another summons from the Queen and Ciel just made an excuse for the others. Shippo leaned against my frame, sleeping against my side while Kirara was asleep on my lap.

"Holiday, holiday we're going on holiday." Everyone chanted repeatedly. Thankfully these two knew how to sleep through this racket thanks to Inuyasha's yelling over the years.

"This is so exciting. I can't believe it!" Finny smiled.

"Spectacular! He's actually bringing us! We get to go on holiday at the Queen's own resort!" Mey-Rin exclaimed.

"Looks like the young master can be quite generous when the spirit move him, eh?" Bard smirked, the cigarette dangling from his lips. Everyone nodded in agreement. I listened in on Sebastian and his discussion with Ciel.

"Do you hear how happy they are?" He asked Ciel. "They're very grateful to you. Such a kind young master you are."

"I couldn't leave them there alone." Ciel sighed. "I might come home to find the manor in shambles. No way can I have little Shippo run everything for that long. He can't do everything yet like you and Kagome."

"Indeed." Sebastian nodded. I softly smiled at the Master's praise. He saw Shippo worthy of his trust but since he was small he couldn't handle these three clutzes. Though he made many years of experience with just me alone, he should be a pro by now. Ciel might just see how capable he is with this excursion since Sebastian and I might be at his sides at all times. I looked up to see a crow perched on a wooden sign, along with a spiked dog collar hanging there. I squinted to see what it said.

Welcome to Houndsworth

"It seems we've arrived at the village, everyone." Sebastian announced as both carriages came to a stop. I looked up and found a bare tree with chained dog collars hanging from the branches. Also there were many dog skulls laying beneath the tree. My brows furrowed at such a thing. I protectively held onto Shippo and Kirara. Finny and Mey-Rin looked happy.

"Oh, wow!" They exclaimed.

"All right!" Bard turned around to see as well.

When they saw the tree, they immediately screamed in horror. Shippo and Kirara were startled awake by them, ready to fight. Then they looked at what the three were screaming at. They both clung onto me.

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention something." Ciel said, making everyone look at him. "The resort that the Queen is planning has yet to be constructed."

"Yes Master." They whined, while Tanaka and I chuckled. My chuckled was cut short when I smelled death, blood and fear. It would seem that these dogs that were laid beneath the tree were victims of dog baiting. My heart clenched as I remembered what Ciel told Sebastian and I.

We all went forward, heading further into the foggy territory. I could sense another demonic presence in the air, not including the three I was traveling with. One powerful but unfamiliar.

"Look!" Finny called, making me look at him. He was pointing towards something. I followed the direction of his finger. "Somebody actually lives here!" We were slowly coming across a woman pushing a carriage. "Tanaka stop!"

Tanaka stopped the carriage. Finny immediately jumped off the carriage and went over to the woman.

"Let me help you, Granny!" Finny offered as he bent down.

"No, you shouldn't do that, Finny!" Mey-Rin shouted in panic. "If you aren't careful, you might hurt the baby!"

I sighed. She was right. Not too long ago, I learned that Finny has unimaginable strength for a human. If I had to guess just by that and the tattoo I saw on the back of his neck, which I accidentally saw, he was experimented on.