Chapter 22

I sighed as I sat down in the chair of my study. Sesshomaru has given me the day off and I have no idea why. Everyone has been acting weird all day as well. I groaned as I flopped my upper half onto the desk, then moved my head to the side. Immediately I saw Grimm's face poke up at the side of my desk. Out of reflex of me being scared, I slammed a book down on his head.

"Well, that was not very nice my dear." Grimm chuckled as he rubbed his head.

"Am I the pot or the kettle in this discussion?" I glanced at Grimm. He smirked, chuckling even more. He then sat at the edge of my desk with his arms across his chest.

"You look bored today pumpkin." He said.

"Thank you Captain Obvious." I sighed, drumming my fingers. "I have no work here or at the Phantomhive Manor. Inukimi is nowhere to be found, which is not a good thing. Turn my head, there's more things for the nursery." I rubbed my temples. "Ah, anyways how's business?" I looked to him.

"Ah you know, people are always dying to meet me." Grimm giggled at his own joke. I softly chuckled and shook my head.

"That punny joke was a real killer." I teased back. He snickered as he came over to me. He pulled me into his lap, softly kissing my temple while rubbing my stomach. They babes kicked against Grimm, startling him. His chartreuse eyes focused down at my growing mound and poked at it. The babes moved, making my stomach stretch around.

"Fascinating." Grimm said as he poked again. One of them kicked hard, making the spot pop up. I softly groaned as I placed my hand over the spot, then looked at the culprit. "What?"

"How about I punch your innards and see if you're okay?" I arched brow. "I don't mind you play with them just don't make them angry."

"I see." He smiled, then nuzzled my neck.

"Little ones." I softly cooed to them. "This is your second daddy, Grimm. He is one of mommy's mates. He's a handful and a trickster just like your brother Shippo."

They moved at that, making my stomach do flips in the process. Good thing I haven't eaten yet or it would be everywhere. I placed Grimm's hand to my stomach and let them get used to his presence. They tried to kick him away at first but soon they got used to it and nuzzled his hand.

"Wanna say anything?" I smiled up at Grimm.

"What should I say?" He tilted his head.

"Anything love. They listen to everything and I want them to recognize you when they are born."

"Your about five months now right?" Grimm looked to me. "How long are these pregnancies?"

"This one seems to be like a standard human, nine months." I tapped my chin. "Reapers? I have no idea. Snake's will be a standard nine months and I heard three months for dog demons."

"Ah." Grimm smiled before he placed me back on the chair and kneeled in front of me. He placed his face on my stomach, then made some noises into it. They kicked in a playful manner. I heard Grimm tell them jokes, some were even inappropriate. I smacked him in the back of the head for those jokes. He chuckled and nuzzled my stomach.

"My Lady!" Jaken came running in, his widened when he saw Grimm there. "Oh, Master Grimm, I didn't know you were here." He blushed embarrassed.

"It's okay. He has a tendency to pop in whenever he feels like it." I chuckled. "So what's wrong Jaken, for you to come running like that?"

"Oh right." He blinked before he bowed a bit. "Everyone wants you I the dining room."

I arched a brow, looking at Grimm. He just shrugged. He was a big help. For an info broker, he was useless when it came to our family. I nodded as Grimm helped me to my feet. We both walked side by side as we followed Jaken to the dining room. So far I didn't see anyone, it was completely empty. Jaken told me to sit, so Grimm pulled out the chair and I sat down. He gently pushed me in before sitting in the seat to my left.