Chapter 30

I sat down in the bedroom, completely exhausted after today. Everyone was happy and surprised at the new arrivals to the Taisho Manor. I've just put Ciel, Shippo and the triplets to bed for the rest of the night. I laid back on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. I felt a dreadful feeling of foreboding hovering over my head, it was absolutely dreadful. I don't know what Angela or Ash had planned but I didn't like how it was harming my family. I sighed as I walked over to the vanity and removed my makeup, then my hairsticks.

     I slowly removed my clothes, the faint scars were all over my body from the whips and the brandings. I was glad that each of my marks were untouched by the branding but it wasn't exactly less painful. I did wonder however why they left Snake's marking alone. I turned my body, finding so many scars of the whipping. In a few weeks I would be able to use my reiki to remove them but they were too fresh to remove right now.

       I placed the kimono away and quietly grabbed ahold of my lingure that I had hanging. It was the navy blue with silver trimming that buttoned in the front. I slipped into the matching thongs and then put on the top.

       I placed on some deodorant before looking myself in the vanity once more

       I placed on some deodorant before looking myself in the vanity once more. I sat down on the stool and looked at my wrists that held many, many scars. Deep and bold. My eyes closed as I tried to bury the feelings down. I opened my eyes and was frightened by what I saw.

     My face was beaten, red and swollen. Blood poured down from the top of my head and into my left eye. A black eye was dark for everyone to see. Cuts, bruises and gashes littered my body as I continued to look in the mirror. My body shook as I backed up, falling off the stool. The bile from my stomach started to work its way up my throat. I looked down at my battered body, my legs raw and red. White oozed from between them, I was completely shook as I tried to remove the dried blood.

      "Come off, come off, come off." I whimpered as I tried to get the blood off.

     Suddenly two clawed hands grabbed my own, bringing me out of my thoughts. My porcelain skin was lightly scarred but it was healed nonetheless. There was no blood or white on me. The only color was bright pink turning into red on my arms from the horrible rubbing.

      "Mistress, you are fine. I'm here." Koru's voice called for me. "He won't harm you ever again."

      "Ko...ru..." Tears brimmed my eyes as I launched myself into his awaiting arms.

      I weakly cried in them as he protectively held me against his chest. I could feel his arms holding me tightly as his tails gently caressed my skin. Seeing my baby bleeding, the past event and my grief must of triggered me. I was usually so composed that you wouldn't notice. It was only once before this and that was the cult. I resorted to cutting then. Now I was having hallucinations.

       "I'm here." Koru assured me. I looked up at him, tears in my eyes. I placed a hand to his chest, feeling the thumping of his heart. Koru was here and the man was not, he made sure of that.