Chapter 4

Shippo caught on rather quick on how to work around here. Sebastian was happy that there was another capable worker inside this manor besides him and I. I was in the study while Sebastian readied the tea for Ciel, who was looking over some letters he got. Kirara was watching carefully from my shoulder. It was a quiet morning, besides the usual noise from the trio downstairs. I also learned that Ciel took care of the human traffickers and the kidnapped children were being returned to Japan on a gaurded ship. Suddenly I felt a chill down my spine and my head shot up.

      Something came passed the barrier. It looks to be several demons. I seethed in my thoughts. Without saying a thing, I ran out of the study, probably startling the Master and Sebastian. I placed this barrier up right after Ciel and I got kidnapped. I didn't want another incident to happen like that again. I quickly ran inside my room, grabbing my bow and quiver and my sword. As soon as Kirara saw this, she knew what was going on. From the demons formation, it looks like they were coming from the east side of the Manor. My body froze. Shippo and Finny were working in that area.

      I slid in the halls as I speedily ran down them. I saw a faint glimmer of the Master and Sebastian, looking at me in question as I ran out the door. When I stepped outside, I immediately shouted.

     "Kirara!" I said. She jumped from my shoulder and transformed in mid air. I ran along side her, then jumped onto her back. She flew into the direction I told her. We would be there in a few seconds but according to what my information was telling me, Shippo already came across them and he was trying to get Finny out. We bounded over the hedges, I saw Shippo fighting seven ogre demons. Kirara roared, telling him that we arrived.

     I grabbed several arrows from my quiver and placed them on my bow. I aimed and fired all three arrows. My arrows immediately was engulfed by my reiki, making a blue hue surround it. They soared to their target and three demons turned into ash. I fired three more arrows, two parished but one escaped the arrow with the help of a weapon. I clicked my tongue in aggravation when I saw these were mid high demons. They wouldn't easily get caught in the line of fire of an archer. I placed my bow and quiver on Kirara's back, quickly strapped my blade to my hip.

     "I'll take care of the two demons, get Finny and Shippo out of there." I ordered. Kirara nodded her head as I jumped off her back, diving down to the two ogres. I had my one hand on my sheath and one on the hilt of my blade. With a swift motion, I brandished my katana and slashed. One demon didn't escape my blade and immediately turned to ash. I landed in front of the other demon, who wielded a stone ax. He growled at me as he slowly backed away.

      I swiped my blade to my side as my reiki engulfed the blade, making it look like it was swallowed by blue fire. Then my body released immense power for a brief second before it went back into my body. In the corner of my eye, I saw Kirara got to Finny and Shippo safely and was trying to get them away from here. Now that I knew they were in good hands, I solely focused on the demon.

     I made a small barrier around us so the grounds won't get any further damaged than it already was. The demon roared and ran towards me, lifting the ax up. I quickly moved my blade to the front and blocked the ax with my hand behind my sword. I pushed against this demons strength, he was tough but no where near as Sesshomaru. I pushed him back slightly, giving me an opening. I ducked down and kicked his legs out from underneath him.

     He fell to the ground hard. I took this moment to jump and attack him, pointing my blade down to his throat. I almost went for the kill but he swiped his hand at me. I avoided the attack in mid air, missing his claws. I landed a decent distance away. He took this chance to get to his feet but I didn't give him enough time.

     I threw out my hand and many mini and thin barriers surrounded the inside of the barrier. I immediately dashed at him with my sword at ready. He went to swipe at me but I avoided the attack by launching into the air and twisting my body to the direction of a angled barrier. I pushed off that barrier and landed on another. I repeated this process, picking up the speed with each landing. I started to cut up his skin as I went by. Not enough to kill him but enough to hurt him. He boldly swung his ax around, destroying some of my barriers, that didn't faze me though. I realigned my movements until I was landed perfectly up on the barrier above him, facing down. I bent my knees and propelled myself downward. I aimed my blade at his dominant shoulder. When he realized where I was, it was already too late.