Oxygen - Kao and Phu

This is only from one point of view.

Kao POV

Staring at the phone in my hand for the hundredth time that day, my nerves start to get the better of me. It's been months since I last saw him face to face.

The video chat we did a few weeks ago didn't cut it. He could only be on for a few minutes and he barely said anything, I did most of the talking which isn't unusual.

However, when he told me he was coming back for a few weeks, I instantly screamed with excitement. He said he'll message me when he lands. His plane is landing at half four this afternoon and it's ..........

Only half three! Damn! Still got another hour till he lands and then about another hour or two for him to get through customs and all that, plus the traffic.

I sigh then chuckle at myself, I know I'm being ridiculous but I've never been in love before and the first guy I like leaves the country.

Both Gui and Solo look at me strangely. They probably think I've lost my mind, I probably have.

Late last night, I knocked on their door, after hours of tossing and turning too excited to sleep. Solo hadn't been pleased but at least Gui welcomed me in.

Judging from the messed up hair, flushed skin and rumpled shirts I had definitely interrupted something.

"You ok Kao?" Gui asks looking up from his work.

With a smile, I nod as I look at my phone again. Solo clicks his tongue at me.

"Can you be any more obvious?" he teases me, earning a playful slap from his boyfriend.

"I'm just so excited to see him. I haven't seen him in months! You can't say anything Solo, what did you do when Gui interned for 3 months, huh?"

Solo glares at me as Gui smirks at him.

"So! Be nice!" he scolds as Solo gives him a pouty look.

"What are you guys going to do? He isn't here for very long," Gui asks.

My excitement dips a little. I love that I get to see him again but he's going to leave again. Graduation is still another year away. Another year of missing him, another year of being alone.

"Honestly I don't know, he might not have much time when he gets here. He's mainly coming over to work so ....." I trail off.

A big part of me really wishes he'd decided to come over to see me. I'd even dress up as a bunny if he did that.

Gui pats me on the shoulder as my phone dings. I almost dropped it, I'm that excited.

My face falls instantly as I almost slam my phone down.

'Son, will you be coming over this weekend.'

It's only from my Jaa.

Solo laughs at me, I glare at him and stomp out. I head down to Phu's room.

I let myself in, deciding to give his apartment a clean before he gets home. The kitchen is the first part I start with, I plug in my headphones and start to wipe down the surfaces.

Suddenly, a cold sensation swipes across the back of my neck.

"Yah!" I yelp.

Spinning around with my fist raised, I'm ready to punch whoever or whatever it is. Instead, my arm stops mid-air as I gasp.

"Phu!"

"Ball!" he says with a chuckle.

My eyes are wide and I've forgotten to breathe as he pinches my cheeks. The moment his heated skin touches mine I pounce.