Oxygen - Jay and C part 1

This one is more wishful thinking. We find out about Jay's feelings but what about Khun C's? Does he feel anything for his long time assistant? 

This is purely my take on how that might go.

Jay POV

"Khun are you ready?" I asked my boss as I sorted through the files he would need for the upcoming meeting.

"Mmmm," was his only reply.

I nodded silently and followed Khun C to the car. No words were exchanged between us as we drove to the meeting.

During the meeting, Khun C sat expressionless as data was explained. I listened carefully just in case my boss missed something. It was very unlikely but I still listened.

"Are you hungry, Khun?" I asked as we left the meeting and climbed back into the car.

"Mmmm," was his reply again.

I instructed the driver to go to Gui's cafe. Ever since accepting his son's relationship and adopting the little one, his boss has frequented the small cafe.

Again silence stretched between us as Gui brought us our drinks and snacks. Khun C looked over some files on his iPad whilst I chatted with Gui.

The day was going fairly well. We attended another meeting after lunch.

"Jay," I jumped a little.

It was the first time he had properly spoken to me all day so I was a little startled.

"Yes," I asked, trying to calm my racing heart, as we left the second meeting of the day.

"Tonight is the benefit function right?" he asked.

I scrolled through the day planner to double-check before confirming.

"Yes Khun C. Your suit is pressed and ready, shall I contact Miss ......." I started but was stopped.

"No, there will be no need. I will attend with you only," he told me and I nodded.

Thankfully his back was to me so he didn't notice the slight blush creep up my neck. I knew he meant attending as his assistant, not as a date. However, I couldn't stop that little flutter my heart made at the idea of going on what looks like a date with my boss.

Before my mind got carried away I shook my head and focused on getting him ready for the event.

---

Several hours later Khun C and I were exiting the hired car and walking into the hall that was hosting the event. It was to raise money for orphanages in the area. If it hadn't been for Khun C's new family member, Moon, he wouldn't have attended.

The party was in full swing when we arrived. I followed Khun C around as he spoke and greeted many business associates. I had remained in the background happy to simply observe the most brilliant man I have ever known.

However, when we approached the next acquaintance I became a little uneasy. Khun Tan wasn't quite as honourable in my mind. He is a good businessman and fair to his employees and partners but something didn't sit well in my stomach. Especially the looks he often gives me.

I think Khun C also feels something off because he has never enjoyed meeting him. He is always reluctant to speak to him.

"C! Good to see you," Khun Tan said joyfully before turning to me. "Ah Jay, always good to see you."

He gave me a wink as he smiled. I could see Khun C's jaw clench as he nodded. I bowed in response, staying behind Khun C.

"Didn't think I would see you here tonight C," he said, seemingly undisturbed by the icy cold stare given to him by my boss.