La Cuisine - Jirachin and Peem Part 1

Peem POV

"I can't do it anymore Lukchub," I groaned as I watched Jirachin walk away.

Once again, he'd refused to make another talk-show appearance. He always complains about them wanting to know about his personal life. It annoyed me that he couldn't see it was part of the life he chose.

"I'm sure he'll come around," his sweet brother offered.

"No Lukchub, I mean it. I don't think I can do this anymore."

Lukchub and his boyfriend Ram stared up at me. I could tell Lukchub was trying to figure out what I was saying but by the look on Ram's face, he understood.

"What do you mean?" Lukchub asked. "Are you going to stop being his manager?"

I sighed as my eyes once again moved to stare down at the now, empty hallway. Over the past ten years, I'd been first his assistant and then his manager, in all that time Jirachin had been difficult and oblivious. In all those years, I'd watched him date woman after woman, oblivious to how I felt.

No one knew I'd been in love with him since I saw his first film. We were only children but I'd known then I'd wanted to meet him, it was only when I was a teenager that my feelings grew more erotic.

When I got the chance to work with him as his PA, I thought I'd won the lottery. I knew he was straight, having seen him photographed with countless women, but I allowed my feelings to develop, giving me a false sense of hope.

Now, I am done. He'd refused to go to the show because there was a woman he wanted to go on a date with. Not only did it make my life hell when dealing with producers and other agents but it broke my heart once again.

"I'm sorry Chub!" I stood. "There is only so much I can take."

Lukchub tried to speak but I just walked off. I heard him call my name, even heard him get up but I reached my car and drove off. My heart swam with so much emotion as my head finally decided to leave.

----

For several days, I acted like a coward. Chin called and I ignored it, when he banged on my door I ignored him, even when Lukchub called. I felt terrible but I needed to sort things out.

I'd emailed my resignation letter, and handed over all Chin's information to Kanin, his next manager. Thankfully, Kanin knew what he was getting into.

One morning, my phone buzzed as I finished my shower. It was Kanin. Puzzled, I picked up the phone and pressed the answer button. A towel was wrapped around my waist as my bare chest shone from the bathroom light.

"Hello, Kanin, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey P'Peem, sorry to bother you but I'm at your door. I thought it would be better to talk face-to-face about P'Chin."

With a sigh, I hung up, grabbed some sweats and a tank top and then went to answer the door. My eyes widened when standing at my door, it wasn't Kanin, but Chin himself. Jirachin stood with a wide smirk, as Kanin stood behind him looking sheepish.

"I'm sorry P'Peem, he threatened to run off and hide if I didn't help him," Kanin explained, as I glared, before walking away quickly.

Chin turned to smile at the retreating younger man. I glared at him when he turned back to me and his smile faded. Without a word, I turned leaving the door open for him to follow. I sighed when I heard the door shut and his footsteps approaching.

"What are you doing here? I'm not your manager anymore," I told him gruffly.

When he sighed, my shoulders dropped slightly and it, reluctantly, made me turn around. Chin looked uncomfortable or dare I say sheepish, like he was sure he had done something wrong but he didn't know what. I've never seen this side of him before.