Chapter 2 - Aliens

The aliens were back in this time it wasn't one, it was ten. They cornered Lily to a tree, her feet crunched onto autumn leaves. The aliens all looked remarkably the same, identical even.

One had pearly white eyes, the next three had green, and the others had red and black. Only different eye colors but everything else looked the same.

All of them were eight feet, with ugly grayish skin, sharp thick claws, and long skinny fingers that stretched out.

One alien with white eyes stepped closer, its cold breath fanning her face.

"Lily Valerie." The alien called. "Lily Valerie!" It kept calling, Lily Valerie. She could hear her name being called louder and more desperate as the aliens drew closer.

The white-eyed one extended its arms towards her, about to touch her when she woke in a cold sweat.

"...Blade...?" she whispered.

"No, Mary Smith," The maid said. She tried hiding her blush. She had called Blade's name. "It's nice you're finally awake." She set a tray of food by her bed. "Here, is your breakfast. Oh, and sorry, I tried waking you early, but you seemed to be in a deep sleep." Mary frowned. She looked worried.

"Oh, what do you mean?"

"I was calling your name quite a few times, sorry." She apologized again. "Oh, and Mr.Villain would like to see you."

"Mr.Villain," She repeated.

"Yes, Mr.Villain. He has been waiting for you. He says it's very important that you come to see him after you've finished your food." Mary shuts the door softly, leaving her with her thoughts.

She peers down at the tray of food: Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, buttered toast with a side of pleasant fruit. She digs in right away. Excited, she wonders what Blade has to show her or Mr. Villain. He must be rich living in a mansion like this. He even has a maid. Lucky!

It would be weird to call him Mr.Villain. She hoped he didn't make her. Well, she wasn't being paid by him like the maid Mary.

...

"W-where...are you taking me?" He pulled her along the corridors by the wrist. He guides her down halls, after more halls, left turns to right turns, down a set of stairs. The lights were flickering the further they walked. It started becoming darker, and harder to see all of the paintings clearly on the walls.

"Just wait, you'll see," He smiled.

They finally stopped at two big red doors. That's when the scent was back, the sweet irony smell. It sent shivers down her spine. She knew what it was right away this time. The pool of blood flashed back into her mind. Suddenly it was cold, and she was trembling from nerves.

"Here, we are, Lily." He announced. "So, I want you to be prepared. What's behind these doors, it's nothing like you've seen before. It is disturbing, are you sure that you still want to see it? Last chance."

"Y-yes, positive..."

"..okay."

He drew a silver key out of his pocket, and before she knew it the doors were open. Shocked didn't even come close to describing how she was feeling.

Horrified, utterly speechless was more like it.

There was a large lab, it looked fancy, with expensive items shattered into tiny bits. Files strewed, shredded to nothing. Everywhere bodies were dangling from the ceiling to laying on the floors like human rugs! She saw sticky blood oozing out of a woman's head, the other body by the woman was a man, and his back was covered in red marks. They looked strangely familiar.