Chapter 20 - Haunting past

"So, it's time, Lily Valerie to wake up." She could hear her father's faint voice calling her to wake up. "You are using too much mind ability right now. Your mind shouldn't be here unless your unconscious is calling you." He said an image of his face was fading. She was back in the spaceship, where she saw controls, seats, and purple technology too.

No dead prisoners yet. Luckily.

"Why did you do it? How could you! You're not my father! You're a traitor!" She cried out. He smiled before his entire being faded. Then she roused up to her bedroom.

It was a dream. It had to have been just a normal dream.

For some reason seeing her real father stirred old feelings in her about how her life was without him, even knowing he existed.
~flashback~

"Oh, what a pretty baby." A well-mannered elderly lady dressed in a green blouse, and black skirt, with black heels, had spoken.

"Remarkable." The younger lady exclaimed. "I found her on the doorstep of our orphanage. Somebody gave her up. Quite sad so many stories like hers."

"Well, she has a name tag. How strange." The elderly lady picked the tag up and read it aloud. "Lily Valerie."

"Very bizarre. Should we keep it?"

The elderly lady thought about it. "Well, it isn't our place I think they wanted her to have the name. It might be special to whoever left her. I know they abandoned the child but it would feel wrong to ignore the birth parents' chosen name for the baby girl." She explained.

The young lady agreed.

"Well, you know what Mary Smith. I've decided I want to adopt her." The young lady beamed. "I always wanted another girl."

"That's quite the decision..." Mary trailed off. "Are  you sure, Petra Fink?" She addressed her politely.

"Yes, of course, I am." She picked Lily up into her skinny arms and cradled her small head of pretty blond tresses. "She's beautiful." Petra grinned at baby Lily.

...

~Present time~

There it was new home.

A middle-class house in the back of some woods. It was a two-story with a garage already occupying a car full of gas. It was a van. There were three bathrooms. Eight rooms. Four upstairs and four downstairs. Perfect.

"Just perfect." Andy beamed. "I get my room, alright!"

"Yes, very cool." Jax agreed. He was touching the stair railing and walking upstairs. "I call upstairs."

Zane decided downstairs to distance himself from Jax. He took a room in the halls. It was a good size room. It had a twin-size bed in it. A window by the bedside. The walls were plain white.

"You okay?" Blade looked over his shoulder at Lily's spooked face. He closed in the space between them. Holding her cheek in his hand.

"Uh...yes, fine." She lied. Surprised by the intimate hand holding her face. He was so close she could look into his dark eyes and see something almost hungry.

"Alright." He dropped his hand. "Take the room by mine. Come talk to me anytime." He walked off leaving her shocked.

She took him up on his advice and set her stuff in the room by his. It gave her little comfort. Well, until her eyes closed she saw her father's face again. It sickened her to her core. She couldn't believe that man was her father.

~Flashback~

"You know you're adopted, right?" Sneered John.

"I don't care. Petra still cares for me." Lily snapped.