Chapter 24 - Training Again?

"Quite urgent you said," Blade raised a curious brow.

Nixon suppressed a smile. "Yes, I thought so."

Trey was lying drunk at the foot's side of Zane's bed snoring loudly. His red hair was in a disarray and his sleepy face looked like one of a kid's smiling as if he were dreaming of unicorns and an endless rainbow.

"Not this, of course, look out the window," Nixon pointed to the window.

Blade and Lily both moved to it. Jax was showing off his muscle by chopping away at some wood and his side was Andy. It was now 7 am.

"They're working this hard early in the morning?" Blade chuckled.

"Well yes- but that's-" Nixon furrowed his agitated brows. "Shouldn't they be apart?"

"Oh come on, Nixon, yes they had a little disagreement- which we were not present to witness for ourselves. But look at them." Lily waved her hand towards the happy two. "They're enjoying each other's company, even though it's quite surprising how well Jax will listen to her. I mean she's keeping him at bay."

"Lily's right, Nixon, Jax is a tough guy hard to follow orders but Andy keeps him civil. It's a good thing." Blade smiled, a part of him hoped that Jax could change. He could be a better person, not the douchebag brother he didn't want.

Zane's room was nice, comfy-looking, like all the other rooms. He had a kingsize bed, a window, a wardrobe, and a closet, the walls were a light shade of baby blue, and the floor was redwood. It is all nice and neat.

Zane was asleep on his back. He looked quite peaceful, while Trey under Zane's feet looked like a pig and snored.

"Let's go." Blade extended a hand to Lily she accepted it. She felt a tug at the corner of her lips, as she couldn't wipe the big grin off her face, interlacing her soft fingers with Blades.

..

"Everyone sit down and eat up because we have a busy day ahead of us!" Blade announces.

"Yes, Blade, the food looks quite delicious." Nixon flicked his blond hair out of his face.

"What's the plan for today?" Zane asked chewing on his eggs quietly.

They were all seated at the dining table. Blade at the end Lily on one of his sides, Nixon on the other. Cherry by Nixon, Jax, and Andy across them at the table. Zane at the other end Angelica by him.

"Not much, maybe we try some training. All of you should be in shape." Blade smirked.

"I volunteer to stay and keep watch on the house and make sure no one steals from us," Nixon says.

"Oh, you can't get out of training, Nixon. But the good idea you almost had me." Blade stood up and cleared his plate off. "We can start now." Everyone groaned in response.

...

That day was like any other only heartbreak wasn't preventable.

It was hot. Summer for the group. The trees were swaying with the lucky breeze they were given.

Jax was wrestling Zane on the ground. The two were laughing like old buddies only their rough punching, and glares said otherwise.

"You're pathetic!" Jax sneered knocking Zane to the ground. He wiped the smudged dirt from his bruised cheek and tossed a strong right-hook Jax's way knocking him off his feet.

Jax recovered quickly returning the punch only it was blocked. Zane was quicker and smarter. He was smaller in size but his ability to move swiftly on his feet and change stances so quickly gave him a chance.

Jax was strong and big. He had a lot of power packed in his punches. The only thing was Zane continued avoiding his hits. He had the advantage of speed on his side.

Everyone watched in awe. Blade smirked on the sidelines. He called the shots. Lily thought it was almost like a streetfight you watch and make some money off of. But she couldn't imagine them fist fighting aliens like this.

They were all gathered around watching the two boys spar. Everyone had their bets set on Jax. Blade knew Zane though was the better opponent. His confidence was high in the boy. He could see the determination in his eyes. Zane was a fighter. Jax wasn't.

He always gave up before he had to do any real work. He didn't have the right attitude for it. In that last observation, Blade made Zane had just gotten Jax on the ground.

He was on top holding Jax in a chokehold. Jax relectunatnly tapped out.

"Who's pathetic now?" Zane smirked, satisfied wiping the smug looks off of his opponent's face. He'd just won.

Everyone clapped and cheered for him. "Zane!" They all chanted.

Angelica ran up to him and hugged him. "I knew you could do it." She said, proudly.

"Thanks for believing in me." He smiled back.

"Alright, who's up next?" Blade raised a questioning eyebrow. "We can either practice our sparring or shooting."

"I'd prefer guns over fists," Nixon mumbled timidly.

"Oh, come on." Trey chuckled. "I heard about how you lost to a girl. That's why you'd choose guns."

"No, of course, not. It's just more logical to kill aliens with guns than try to fight them head-on." He reasoned.

"I see your point, Nixon. However, fighting is our very last resort. What if you're disarmed, then what?" Blade added.

Nixon was speechless. He knew there was no way out of it. "Fine, who's my opponent." He grumbled.

"Well, at least you won't lose to a girl this time." Trey patted him on the back. "You'll lose to a real man." Trey wiggled his brows at Nixon.

"Who's that gonna be?" Nixon asked, dumbfounded.

"Me of course." Trey dramatically exclaimed.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Sorry, readers, this chapter is pretty short. I'll make the next one longer!