Chapter 39 - Intruders

Lily discussed the plan with Ruf, and he was going around spreading the news around. "David steals the first blood and uses it for his means." Ruf passed along, and the Oculos growled furiously in response.

"He should die!" One green-eyed Oculos snarls, her sharp teeth bared, and eyes glowering.

Soon there was a mob of angry Oculos all gathered up in a large circle. Ruf stood in the center preaching to them about how bad David was, and how he poisoned them with his philosophy of new life and promises to the earth, and human knowledge.

After getting all the Oculos riled up, Lily slipped out to go find the first while Ruf kept them all distracted, and continued preaching his belief in honor, and how dishonorable the human was.

"Phew, glad I'm out of there." She sighed, when something tall, and large stood in front of her, looking up she met a pair of pearly white eyes. It sent chills down her spine. And she shivered. "It's you First."

"Yes, Lily it's me. The one that you find even in slumber." The comment creeped her out. She reflected on her dreams and how she finds the first in all of her nightmares. He was capable of mind control, of course, that originally being his ability. But David was taking advantage of that.

"I-I came to talk to you-"

"I know, I'll listen." The first motioned his long, muscular arms to a wide, purple door. "After you chose one." She walked through the open door and entered the room. It was an office, similar to her dad's, but vaster, and roomy, and it contained monitors with camera footage on it. She could see the room where Ruf was, he was still making his great speech.

"So, you must already know why I'm here." She stated. He nodded his head to confirm her suspicions. "You can't trust him, David. He'll stab you in the back. He's only using you." She sat on an empty chair across from his.

"I now know that. My patience is wearing thin with that one. But I still desire something..." He trailed off.

"What's that?" She asked.

"You." Lily nearly choked on her spit at this. She pointed at herself stunned. "Me?"

"Yes, you. You're the last of your kind ya know." He explained further. "You're the last healer."

"So, what does that mean?"

"It means if you stay I'll leave earth alone and set all the humans free. On that condition, that you stay alongside me."

"But I-" She was cut off by a loud alarm blaring. "INTRUDERS!" She hears loud feet moving, and a noisy commotion.

"What's that?" Her eye fell on the camera footage, and she saw a tan boy, with dark hair, and dark eyes, and it hit her how familiar that face was. Her heart swelled at the image of him. Was it real?

It was him. It was Blade Villain.

**

2 hours earlier

It was the last day. They finally orbited space for five days, three hours, and thirty seconds. The screen blared. "You have reached your destination."

"Oh my fucking god!" Andy squealed excitedly. "There it is! The Oculos ship that's imprisoning Lily. We are gonna get her back!"

"This is unreal," Nixon blurted.

"Lily we are coming for you." Angelica teared up, and Zane opened his arms for her to fall into. He hugged her tightly.

"Yes, we are." He said, patting her head, and placing his head on top of hers.

"Lily I can finally make amends with you! I'm so sorry for all my bad deeds!" Trey fell to the ground dramatically, bowing over and over as if she was there standing before him.

Jax scowled. "It's a waste of time if you ask me. If we die, it's on that girl." Blade surprised everyone by planting a fist in Jax's face, knocking him off balance and causing him to fall to the floor.

"Watch that mouth of yours." His tone was dark, and he gave Jax a fair warning.

"Alright, everyone makes sure your helmets our sealed on tight, we are departing the spaceship, and getting onboard that one."

Blade pressed the red button, that opened the ship's doors, and they all floated to the ceiling, it was zero gravity after all in space, and they were jumping and bouncing off the walls.

Of course, Andy finds this amusing. She was snickering and bumping people. "Guys look at me! I'm practically flying." She laughed, bumping into Cherry.

"Ouch, Andy take this seriously, please."

"Sorry...you're right." Andy nodded, sadly.

"Let's go!" Blade instructed as the dark space pulled them out the pressure strong, tugging onto their spacesuits, and they all floated out into space one by one. Blade first, maneuvering in space, and he landed on the sides of the ship and climbed it. He found a door on the side and jerked on it. It wouldn't budge, well then.

His last resort, he drove into it and used his elbow, and Nixon finally made it to Blade and handed him a crowbar. "Where did you get that?"

"I found it on the ship."

"Thanks." Blade hooked it on the hinges of the space door, and pushed on it hard, and it finally opened the door...or should he say broke it off. The door flew off its hinges by brute force, and it drifted off into the void.

"Nice job," Andy said, landing next to them, and soon Trey, Jax, Zane, and Angelica followed. They all climbed aboard the eerie ship, and as their feet planted on the silver-shined, floors, they were greeted by Oculos guards.

"shit," Jax said.

"Let's get Lily!" Andy charged forward kicking, shoving, and punching the Oculos. One Oculos spat acid at her, she veered in another direction quickly avoiding it. Then she pulled out a salt handgun and pressed her forefinger hard on the trigger. The bullet pierced through the Oculos's green eye, and it screeched loud like a fork scraping against a glass plate.

"Ah, that's loud!" Nixon covered his ears. Jax shoved past him almost knocking him over and stood by Andy a salt gun clasped in his big scarred hands as well.

Nixon scoffed and ran to Andy's other side, catching Jax's disapproving look. He took out a salt gun too and pointed it at an Oculos.

"You got this," Andy told him. The Oculos circled them on all sides, Andy moved to the opposite side of Nixon pressing her back against his. "I've got your back." She smirked.

"O-okay." He uttered weakly, and squared his shoulders, attempting to stand taller and appear more confident. No time to be scared, just fight, fight for the team. It was a means to survival.

He squeezed his eyes shut tight as he aimed the gun and released the pressure on the trigger, he heard the sound of the bullet pivoting in mid-air, it was fast, and whistled, hitting the gray skin, and breaking it. The Oculos he hit cried out, and the skin began blistering around the salt bullet.

Angelica and Cherry began shooting at the army of oculos fiercely, desperate to get their best friend back.

Trey was shooting at random screaming. "Give her back you monsters!"

"Hey, easy man." Zane grabbed him by the shoulders. "Easy, alright, you can't save her like this." Zane shook his head, then shot an Oculos square in the head knocking it to the floor. "See if you hit its brain with a bullet, plus salt it dies instantly." He explained.
"Good thing we've got salt. Because if we didn't the skin could regenerate after a couple of minutes or hours. Salt is how we make sure they die, and quickly at that."

Trey nodded. "That's smart."

"Yes, it is." Zane looked over at Nixon. That kid was smart indeed.

"I'm gonna go ahead and find her!" Blade informed them. They all nodded in agreement.

"Please, save her!" Angelica cried out.

"Of course!" He replied and left down a hall.

He'd see her again! He couldn't wait.