Chapter 38 - Hatching A Plan

The lab on the Oculos space shuttle, the particular lab meant for storing organs, limbs, and blood. It was all for research purposes, well. Until a greedy man, David Valerie began using the first blood for mind control.

He wasn't positive how it worked exactly, it wasn't easily explained. But his curiosity for mind control grew when he heard the first could do it.

If any of the Oculos knew of this, how the human was taking advantage of their leader, their king, then they'd probably kill him without any hesitation.

"The blood?" David demanded.

The first passed the capsule over to him and he drank every last drop greedily, as he felt the surge of power.

This man was dangerous for his thirst for power, and control. He was a narcissistic man and wanted everything in his hands.

They were standing two feet from one another in the privacy of his office. David tossed the empty capsule carelessly onto the floor.

And the first growled at the disrespect, his patience's wearing thin. He only held hope for the human's promise to give him earth, human knowledge, etc. In return, he'd allow him to use his blood, and study his companion Oculos.
**

"So, he uses the first blood?" Lily perks up at this newfound news.

"Yes." The guard nods. "I dislike it very much. The first wants us to live on earth so we can multiply more, and mix with humans- although your dad put that idea into his mind. That our species would be better with yours. That both together was perfect. In the new culture, We'd learn, the ways of humans, and their bodily functions." The Oculos frowned. "But I don't like this idea, breeding with your kind. Lastly, the disrespect and greed that human shows us, and our first. He takes his blood."

"But, may I ask how you guys came to trust him?" Lily leaned on the wall from the door leading to her room and asked the dying question she's been waiting for an answer to.

"Well, at first, he was a prisoner..."

Shocked, utterly speechless was how she felt at his response. So, that part is true. Maybe his nature wasn't always cruel, and evil. Did he go nuts in the cell of his blood, piss, and shit?

"And?" Lily prompted him to continue.

"He somehow made an Oculos healer fall in love with him. It was impossible, I thought. But seeing it before you, you'd have to believe the truth of it." The red-eyed guard continued. "So, he gained the trust of our only healer, she was the last of her kind. Sad to say she died the way she did, for treason...But the human was next, however, he made a strange request to see our leader, and that is when he managed to snake his way to the top and control our leader."

Lily gasped at the horror. Her mother died like that? So, it was all true? Only her dad did nothing to stop it. This enraged her. She tried hard not to despise the man she was supposed to call father but he was terrible inside and out.

A human prisoner appeared in Lily's peripheral vision, the prisoner looked at both of them strangely as they conversed in growls, and odd animalistic sounds.

The prisoner finds the Oculos normally speaking like that, but it was the first time seeing a human understand an Oculos.

It was like second nature to Lily. She almost forgot she was communicating in it. Even in her human form, she could speak Oculos fluently.

At that moment, she concluded, that both of them were in disagreement with how things were going for them both. They have different reasons, but it was good. What if she could work together with him?

"Your name?" She figured she should address him by name if they are to work alongside each other.

"Rufus luscious custodian." For real? His name was that long. It sounded Latin, it probably was.

"Can I just call you Ruf?"

"It doesn't matter to me what you decide to call me."

"Alright, Ruf, let's work together. You want to go back to your homeland, correct?"

Ruf nodded his large head, it nearly touch the ceiling, him being 8'5 ft and all.

"So, let's hatch up a plan to persuade the Oculos to not entrust David, and if we get the first doubting him, which I get he already is!!! We could turn them against David!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Ruf merely nodded his head in agreement.

**
It passed 4 long dreary days in outer space. Everyone killed time with card games, no tv in space no surprises, and Nixon was fixated on a textbook in his hands. He sat up on the mattress, Andy was above him. She got the top bunk. 

Jax shared with Zane. This would bother Zane no doubt, but luckily he was next to Angelica's bunk, making it worth it. Cherry was the top bunk from Angelica.

Blade shared with Trey. He wasn't in the room often. But when they rested he slept shortly, Andy could tell he wasn't getting his  7-8 hours of sleep.

He had bags underlining his dark eyes, his hair was messy, and his lips were always frowning. He missed Lily a lot.

"Hey, a game of cards, please?" Andy dipped her head under the bunk, peering down at Nixon.

"Right now?" He asked. His eyes locked on a paragraph of text from his book out on his lap.

"Please." She pleaded.

"Fine." He groaned, annoyed.

"Can I play?" Cherry perked up from her bunk.

Soon Trey joined them along with Jax, Zane, and Angelica.

They all sat on or around Nixon's bed. This slightly annoyed him. "I'm not getting a chance to finish this page, am I?"

"Nope, reading is boring anyways." Andy closed the book shut. Earning her a piercing glare from Nixon and a grunt.

"Now let's play go fish." She squealed excitedly, taking a card from the deck.

"Hm, alright," Nixon smirked. "Andy, do you have any hearts?"

"Wha-" She cut herself off, "But how?" She handed over her two sets of hearts and stuck her tongue out. "You must've cheated."

"No, I just guessed." He shrugged.

"Wow, you two are silly. It's just a card game." Cherry laughed. "Why so tense?" She looked back at Nixon and Andy glaring at one another.

..

Blade was seated in the chair, his gaze focused on the blackness of outer space ahead, blazed with lights. He'd get lost in them, and find himself daydreaming.

He knew they'd get her back. This excited him and at the same time, he thought about everything that could go wrong. But they were so close. The red dot on the map glowed red, beaming loud, "24 hours until you reached your destination."

He could wait that long, just another day that was it...