Chapter 10 - The New World

The walls were wooden, the floors too. The new home was way out in the woods. It was far off to 'Ordinarily strange' so the aliens would have to search and travel a long while to find them. It was a nice, comfy, cabin. Although, it was tiny.

There were four bedrooms. So, two to a bedroom.

"Oh, finally a real bed." Andy sighed, collapsing into the covers. It was a small room. Lily sat the bags against the wall by her bed. She shared a room with Andy. Cherry, Angelica to a room, Zane, Jax, and lastly Nixon and Blade.

"No. Just. No." Zane shook his head. "This...this can't be happening." He glared at Jax kicking his shoes off, the room stinking off his feet. He tossed his shirt off and laid down.

"It looks like it is." Jax frowned. "Look, I want nothing more than to smash your brains. I don't like this room arrangement either."

"Hmph." Zane put his shit away and then left for the living room. He couldn't stand the atmosphere. It was too thick, not just that but Jax's feet reeked.

"Not happy I see." Angelica startled him from behind the kitchen counter.

"You can tell?" He smirked sarcastically.

"Well, it's not hard with that scowl on your face, or is that always there?" She smirked back.

"Yeah, yeah. I get that all the time." He shrugged it off, surprised by Angelica's humor. He didn't think she had any. Maybe she was too shy to express it. Does that mean she is finally learning to open up?

"Seems you two are still up. Get some rest, you'll need it." Blade leaned against the wall and the doorway to the kitchen. He knew exactly what he did. Putting Zane and Jax together. Maybe they'll make up. Oh, what is he kidding even though he hates Jax's guts, he's a douchebag. What was he thinking about bringing him onto this team? He wasn't. But...he knew Jax was skilled with guns and survival, and he was a competitive hunter which is very useful.

Oh, well, he'll have to put him back in his place if he steps out of line. Can't have the team divided. He needs them all to stay together. It's the end of the fucking world and he knew it. But did any of them?

...

"Man, can't you just take his place?" Jax whined, pulling Cherry into his arms.

"No, I have to go, he's gonna be back ya know." Cherry shrugged his arms off, wanting to stay but had to go. They looked at one another for a second, a lust growing in the air between them. He's just a boy toy, Cherry told herself. They hadn't done anything but the chemistry was growing. How long until they do?

She promised herself, her best friends she wouldn't get with another douchebag. Why do all the dickheads have to be so hot? She just wanted to die in a hole.

"Gross. I'm sleeping on the couch." Zane said, the minute he opened the door and saw them he slammed the door shut.

"Well there you go, problem solved," Jax smirked, yanking her back onto the bed. "Now, I'm tired. You're making it hard to sleep." He said, peering down at the tank top falling off her shoulder, no bra, and no pants.

"Oh." She noticed it too. She wasn't planning on sleeping in the same room as him, a guy. It didn't matter if she'd been sleeping with Angelica. But now she wished she wore something less flashy. Shit.

...

Aliens. Aliens. Aliens. Lily fell into a deep slumber; her last thought was aliens.

"I want you, Lily Valerie." Huh? Who is this? A blood-curdling scream filled the silence, she could make out only a torso, but that was it. A bloody torso laying on the icy, cracked tile floor of the spaceship. Wait, spaceship? Two tall forms were standing in the doorway, smiling. A set of razor-sharp teeth, acid seeping out onto the floor causing holes in the floor.