8- Feel It Still

Hello... Again.

THIS IS THE SECOND CHAPTER OF A DOUBLE UPDATE, MAKE SURE YOU READ CHAPTER 7 FIRST.

YOU STILL MEAN THE SAME TO ME AS TEN MINUTES AGO.

Triggers:

- Unwanted sexual advances

- Underage drinking and smoking

***

I have no doubt it would look like you. 

***

Anna

I'm a rebel just for kicks

Things I learned at ego- fragmentation, which I call my therapy sessions because it leaves me confused and at the loss of who I am most of the time.

You need to hold onto the good days...

"Oi Anna, come on, we're about ready to go," Louis yells, making me fling my journal across the floor out of fright, the pages waving like a bird who's fluffing its feathers.

"For fuck sakes, Louis, don't yell like that." I retrieve my journal, which, thank God, is still in tack, and push it under my mattress discreetly.

I stop when my eyes take him in. Louis, who's hanging on the doorframe, is dressed in all black with a beanie over his head and eyeliner under his eyes. You gotta be kidding me.

Harry is standing behind him silently, looking identical to Louis, his black sweatshirt clinging to his shoulders, skinny black jeans completing the look. "Nope, absolutely not." I step back, waving my hands in the air. But Anna, you know you want to.

My conscious front and center, reminding me I live for this adventure, used to live for it before I was just living. I look at the calendar behind Louis, hanging against the wall; it's galaxy-themed. I smile secretly; that makes me happy.

The date jumping out at me. It is, in fact, the day that we decided on months ago, and Oliver must have informed Louis about it. "Louis, no." I moan, dragging his name out while I retreat slowly.

He stalks me, matching my steps, walking me into the window by my bed. Harry stays in the doorway. "Anna, it's tradition." He states simply, a malicious look on his face.

"Reading can be a tradition too." I remind him, and in a split second, I yank on the handle of the window, jump on the roof. "Hey, Keeper." I greet hovering over the edge for a second and fall right onto the ground. I jump up, my feet already picking a path, but I don't get far when arms wrap around me. Oliver.

"Don't fight it, Anna, you're going." I push my feet into the dirt as he starts to maneuver me forward, angling my body, so my heels drag through the grass. Well, then I'll make it as hard as possible. "Why do we even do it?" I ask, probably red from fighting against my brother, who's twice my size. "Because it's tradition." Starting to hate that word.

"So was slavery; look what good that did." I groan, trying to pull his forearms away. Harry and Louis round the corner, coming out of the shadows like they're out of a movie or something. "Anna, just stop fighting." Anna will never stop fighting.

My body goes slack in his arm, no more resistance from me, which makes him relax just long enough for me to flip under his beefy arm and run once again. It's exhilarating, running so fast my body is struggling; it's a foreign concept.

I run around the hedges, towards the front of the house, laughter shallow in my chest as my hair flails behind me, right into Niall. "Anna warming up to run from the cops?"