42 - Leather & Lace

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who supported me when Anna & English got taken down. I love all of you so fucking much.

Triggers:

- Buckle up darlings. 

***

when they mention you;

***

Anna

Is love so fragile

If I ask you to carry my heart on the winds, over the fields for a thousand days, there's only one name that comes to mind.

If I ask myself who I'll take a bullet for, without any doubt, jump in front of a train for, there's only one name that comes to mind.

Harry Styles.

With his boyish smile and hair that's almost passing his shoulders, dark brown but somehow reflects golden in the sun: that boy, the one.

Everything around me is moving, and I'm standing still, so naturally, I'm leaning down and trying to grasp all the loose ends in my small hands, until, well obviously until Harry came along and caught some of them for me, taking some of it, my heart wrapped between the strings.

Louis and Mell left; after hours of conversation and plans and ideas thrown from left to right, nothing has been settled, like expected, but there's something I know. It's going to be okay. It's windy today on the roof, and my hair keeps getting caught between my teeth, and my breath keeps getting caught in my lungs, so it's an ordinary night if I look at it from experience.

I hear the window sliding open and shut, feel the vibration of Harry's footsteps and his arms wrapping around my shoulder where I admire my mother's apple tree, barely making out the round red shapes. I hear him whisper, but I can't make out what he's saying, so I turn my head and bury my face in his shoulder instead.

"Tell me, that day on the bus, do you still feel like that?" I cock my head towards his face, frowning. "I think my future will always be uncertain; how can it not? But yes, the basics stay the same. Something has changed, though."

"I found happiness in you."

Harry sinks to the ground, pulling me to him, wrapping his legs around mine. "Did you know that you're the same age as the universe?" He asks.

"I had a feeling; sometimes I think I've lived a billion years, other times I think of all the lives I still have to live."

"Matter can never be created or destroyed, and you matter a whole lot to me."

"So then find me in another life, Harry Styles, don't let me go." Harry leaves soft kisses along my pulse.

"Every single one, Anna Rose."

I reach over, tugging at the ends of Harry's hair and yelps when he bites into the skin of my neck. "What, it's the stars pulling you to go to them," I say innocently when he whines, but he doesn't fight me on it because he's the North Star, after all.

"Come on, we're reading in the bathtub." Harry gets up, but I sit for a moment longer, looking at the very stars that have become a part of our journey. There's a smile on my face disguised as if it belongs up there with them, and in less than fifty days, my whole world landed on its axes.

I don't follow the same path I used to. I'm on a new one now, a better one and for sure the scariest one I've ever been on.

"Where did you even find these?" Harry grumbles as he looks around the bathroom, opening cabinets and searching for something, what it is; I have no clue because he's being silly, so I follow him, pinning little clips with roses on into his hair.