37- Accidentally In Love

Good day Little ducks, I am squealing on the inside. I've been excited for this chapter since the day I planned it almost a year ago! I can't wait for you to finally read it!

Triggers:

- Cute aggression warning

***

I smoke cigarettes in the shower;

***

Harry

Come on, come on, the world will follow after.

Things I remember from the first show we watched at the park.

Anna Rose.

I can't remember the band or how I felt; I don't remember the weather or the conversations I had with other people; it's just her, all the time.

She was a mess while I stood, leaning against a tree with a plastic cup in my hand, my palms itched when her ex-boyfriend appeared, and then when I saw her on the mountain, profusely hating herself with an Oscar-winning speech I might have started to fall for her even then.

They say you know when you love someone, the Edison effect when a lightbulb goes on, and you automatically know what you feel. I call bullshit because falling for Anna was the easiest and hardest thing I've ever done, but I'd do it again, forever.

I've never been a fan of falling in love with someone until they consume every second of you, mold you and change you; that's a dangerous thing to allow. I had no predisposition on how to love someone, my parents were a great example of that, but when it came to myself, I was inexperienced and certainly caught off guard when the little ball of sunshine blundered into my bubble.

Loving Anna is like starting a journey without a destination in mind; traveling is always better than the destination itself, so it's only natural to hope we never reach the end of the road.

I find myself in the same situation as last time, everything centering around Anna, from the way her long dress drags through the dirt, staining the seam brown to the way her hair is stacked on her head and held there with my blue headband used as a makeshift scrunchie.

She carries herself differently now, a little less tired and a lot more vibrant than before. The nightfall is landing around us, and I can't look away from her where she sways to the music with closed eyes along with our group of friends.

"You look like a stalker." My head yanks to the left, my palm crushes the plastic cup out of reflex when Louis' voice penetrates through my thoughts. I scowl at him, wondering where the hell he came from.

"I see you took my advice then." He says, the cocky bastard laughing when my face turns into an even worse frown. I roll my eyes at him even though he's right; I'll never admit to him that I took our conversation to heart that day in the woods. We don't do that; we're too fragile.

"Whatever, Louis, you only came here to yank my chain?" I ask him, folding my arms over my chest, leaning down to scratch my back against the tree.

"Yank your tampon string more like it." He mutters into his cup, staring at me over the rim. "You're a happy man. That's all I wanted to say." This time I smile, bringing my own cup towards him, clinking it. His drink sloshes over and into his eye, making me bend down to slap my knee in laughter.

"That's for making fun of periods which, in fact, are not funny at all." I grab him by the shoulder, pulling him into a tight hug, the liquid seeping down my back, but I don't care. "That's for the advice." I shock myself and him because maybe I was wrong just now; we do that.