18 - Collide

Hi little ducks...

Sit down.

4K.....

I'm not fine.

MAY THE QUESTIONABLE BLACK DOTS ON YOUR COOKIES ALWAYS BE CHOCOLATE CHIPS!

Triggers:

NONE!

This is a long one, but there's a surprise at the bottom x

***

I scream on the inside sometimes

***

Harry

When gravity pulls on us.

There's a mystery in the way the earth turns every day without us feeling it. The whole gravity keeping you up plot something to wrap your head around. We rely on a series of fortunate events every second to stay alive. Is Anna Rose my serendipity?

I have to shake my head at myself, embarrassed that everything consists of her. If the earth spins to keep us alive, perhaps my wondering is not a failed attempt to ease my mind.

Maybe I've had something else wrong, something huge, like a piece of rock hanging in the sky. I shouldn't wonder about things like earth or a ball of fire that sits at the perfect distance to not burn us alive.

I should worry about the person who's dancing in front of me right now, the wingless angel who proclaims her affection in riddles and sarcastic comments.

The gravity seems to move slower the more I look at her, her feet kicking up dust as Louis spins her around until the tears fall from laughter. It's eluding me, the thing that makes the earth move, and then I know.

A sudden sharp laugh escapes me because how else would something like this work? How could I have missed it, thinking even for a second that earth is what's important as if I should give all the credit to a gravitating force?

My head spins from the new declaration my heart already knew, the heavy thought dancing along my shoulders, looking for a place to settle. It'll grab hold in my bones, I'm sure.

My head may be heavy, but my heart is light, my breathing comes easier, and time stops, the moment frozen because that's all it is, that's all she's been for the last twenty-four days.

Why would you worry about the earth if the moon is dancing right in front of you?

She shuffles over to me, the heat radiating from her skin as she sits on my thigh, throwing her arms around my neck, interlinking them where they rest. "You know English; I could see the smoke come out of your ears just now."

My arm wraps loosely around her waist, pulling her closer, the side of her body pressing against my front. "Hello, beautiful."

On their own accord, my fingers tangle in her hair, pushing it out of her face and behind her ear. My hand coming to rest on her knee.

"What were you thinking about?" You.

"Gravity, the moon, the rotation of the earth," I say, big doe eyes widen in excitement, her leg bouncing in small processions, struggling to contain the excitement. "I love the moon."

A beaming smile, the sun behind her eyes. "I know Sugar, it's definitely up there."

Her laughter bubbles out of her, my mistaken and unfortunate joke getting the better of her as she pushes her nose into my neck to stifle her giggles. Her now-familiar scent surrounding me, sunshine and old books.