Epilogue - The Song Of North Star And Blue Skies

It's been a long time Little Ducks but I felt that you should get the ending that these two deserve. If you're still interested in this story then here you go. I hope you find comfort in knowing how it ended for these two. 

Triggers:

- I would never!

***

I know there will be a time when I will feel grateful but for now, I feel nothing.

***

HARRY

lyrics

A FEW YEARS LATER

The stillness is something I have both come acquainted with over the years and lost just as many times. The kind of silence that makes you feel the vibrations of the wind ruffling the leaves, nature is flirting outside the window as I stare at the vast expanse of my home, our home.

There was a time when these streets bought me an amount of sorrow no one could ever explain. I was drowning without water, for a love I lost a million words ago.

The door burst open, the noise volume rising with screeches, happy laughter bubbling through bunny teeth, and sun-kissed curls dancing behind the small body barreling towards me. It's always daunting to let a stranger into your space, my irritation is not misplaced but it is replaced in seconds when she fills my arms, like a puzzle piece, enough to make a difference but there's space for one more. In the form of a little boy with bright blue eyes and brown hair that is clinging to my shoulder. I used to stand aside, and wait for my fortune, as I accumulated and persuaded myself that I deserve it. I did and I still do. I'm safe here.

It's hard, to be away from them for any extended amount of time, but keeping my family safe has been and will always be the most important thing to me, and knowing that they're staying, or coming back is enough to get me through the bad days. 

Similar eyes, almost the exact shade appear atop his head, fluttering lashes and wild curls, much like her daughter, much like the teenager who taught me more about living than anything else ever could, ever would. "English."

Life has been good to us, which is total bullshit of me to say because making it to this point was grueling and breath-stealing but my life as it is now, is breathtaking. My beautiful girl, the mother of my children and the keeper of my heart, a published author. 

I never doubted her, not for a second because back then she had enough doubt for the both of us. I pinch my eyes shut, tears threatening to spill over because here she is, the girl who didn't see a future for herself being the most she can be.

My breath turns sideways and gets stuck as the force of her hits me against the walls of my heart. How amazingly beautiful she is when I haven't seen her for a while, like every time I look at her is the first time I see her. "Anna Rose,"

I don't fold my hands behind my back anymore, because she holds them.

For a second I hold my whole life in my palms, wrapping my arm around her waist. I pull her into our orbit, pressing my forehead against hers. "Hello, darling." She kisses me, showing me how important I am. Her kisses have always done that, made me feel like I was in the place between being asleep and awake. That soft underbelly where you still remember your dreams. It was the place where I always dreamed of loving Anna Rose forever, the place I would wait for her.

Anna pulls back, leaving a wave of sunshine in her wake, her eyes darting to our son who's still clinging to my arm, and also has the same jealous streak as his father. Little narrowing eyes shoot daggers at me, his cheeks turning red. He;'s gone and fallen in love with Anna in exactly the same way I did, head first in awe and with stars in his eyes. "Sorry buddy, she was mine first." And forever since then.  A huff, his dolphin nose flicking into the air and then he jumps into Anna's arms.