30 - Faith

Little ducks.

30 Chapter? Fucking insane man. Well I give you this, to do with as you please!

Triggers:

- None

***

Drawing stupid comic strips on your arm.

***

Anna

'Cause I gotta have faith

There are moments in your life that stand out. This is one of them.

I'm forgiven, not that I should be, but Harry has a heart of gold, weighing as much as the Universe does, ironic because the Universe is weightless. But, you feel it, see it, and know it's there always, infinite like the chances he gives and the smiles he directs towards me.

It's two days later, and somewhere during yesterday, I felt it, the harsh line I drew in the sand, unknowing, unconsciously for Harry and me there was a line. So, because I'm stubborn, I rubbed it away with my feet when no one was looking because he's here to stay, if not physically, then in my heart, and I'm okay with whatever I can get because stars come together. Always.

With enough courage on my shoulders to fight off a lion, for maybe two minutes, I send Harry a message to meet me at my house. I bounce on the balls of my feet in anticipation, playing with the invisible live wire in front of me while I stand, barely.

I see him, and my heart goes ecstatic, sighing and doing all the other things you do when you're a teenager, and you think you have a clue about life. You don't, but I like to play pretend. I smile, my cheeks hurt, and his bunny teeth appear when he's close enough for me to see.

"I have something for you." I don't say hello because I never said goodbye, and I never will. I'll see you soon, that's more like it. His bottom lip disappears into his mouth, his teeth sinking into the flesh. On tiptoes, I say something else too but without words. I kiss him softly. You're here, and that makes me happy.

His hands are around my waist, pulling me close while mine explores his hair. The breeze tickles my bare feet for ions. I get lost until we pull apart out of breath and red-cheeked, satisfied, for now.

"Show me." He murmurs, his voice rough, a contrast to how soft he feels. I drag him along, flying up the stairs and into my room, closing the door behind us, and I make my way into the bathroom. I stand there, vulnerable, and it clicks that he doesn't know what's going on. "No more levels for you, Harry English Styles," I whisper; the lion would have had my neck right now.

"I don't-" His brows are drawn up. He's confused, standing in my bathroom with his hands behind his back, clasped together as he leans forward a little. A stray curl falls into his eyes, so I reach up to brush it away.

"You're not level one because you're more than that, no more lines and levels and things that keep you at arm's length. Look." I babble, folding my arms over my chest, hiding them, taking them away. "No more arm's length." I step closer until my nose hits his chest.

"Anna Rose." I look up, tilting my jaw, his head cast down. "Breath." One big breath, my body shudders, my nose scrunches." His palms on my shoulders. "Thank you." I open my eyes, first the one and then the other; his smile is so bright the sun would be envious right now.

"This is the place, my special place." I gesture to the bathtub, turning in his arms and getting in, laying on my back with my knees drawn up. Harry stays standing, hovering in the doorframe, and I wonder if it was the right thing to do or if I'm coming on too strong now.