The meeting

Tw: none

Kaz's POV.

I was sitting on my desk trying to remember more about the girl when Jesper entered the room followed by Inej.

"So it's true. Someone did steal from you." Inej said. Jesper sat down across me without even permission.
"Yes and I need you to find her" I said to her.

"Her? So it's a girl. You saw her?" she asked.
"Yes she passed by me. Didn't give her much attention though. She must've been about my age. Same height as me and if I had taken a closer look I'd say she was Zemeni." I finished and Jesper's eyes shot up.

"What is it Jesper?" I asked.
"Nothing, it's just that Zemeni people are loyal to anything they put themselves on and we basically know each other well." he said in a low voice.

"Well Inej-" I turned to where she was standing but I didn't see anyone.
"She did it again." Jesper said in awe, looking around to maybe spot her.

I knew that Inej leaving like that ment good news. She'd be back soon with information to my money. And maybe, possibly a new recruit for the Dregs.

Third person POV.

Allegra was surprised at the amount of money she had collected today. That guy with black clothes had a ton of money in his pocket and for the fist time she didn't feel bad for stealing it.

If the guy had that much money on him then what's to say about his house. Inej spotted her target when she was looking out of the window of Kaz's office.

She saw a girl exactly the same as Kaz's prescription and started to follow her. She moved quick for someone who was innocent. Roof after roof, Inej finally found out where the girl lived.

Allegra got inside the little room she had rented and stashed the money in her hiding spot. She wanted to get out of that room as quickly as possible. Living in there gave her a feeling and she despised it.

Inej in the meantime was already back at the office.
"I found her." was all she said. A smirk played on Kaz's face and they all got out of the Crow Club to find their money.

"Jesper guard the back door. Come in when we tell you." Kaz said after picking the lock to the room. He hadn't seen a smaller room in his life and it was already giving him a bad feeling.

He noticed glasses of water just laying around the place. They were looking around when Allegra came back.

The second stroll of the day hadn't brought her much money and she was tired to continue at night that day. Not noticing to the people in her room she locked the door.

When she turned around she was faced with a guy wearing the same clothes as the boy she had stolen the big stash of money. Allegra shot her hands up, draining the water from the glasses. Inej took out her knives.

"You have something of mine" Kaz said.
"Then you should have taken better care of it." Allegra replied.

Jesper on the other side recognized that voice. He was set to guard the back door. He thought he was hearing things. "It couldn't be possible" he thought to himself. "She should be at the Little Palace".

Curious and worried he left his post at the door and went to see this new thief. Then his doubt was confirmed. The girl standing in front of him was his childhood best friend.

"No, no, no wait calm down" he walked in front of Inej who will had her knifes drawn.
"Jesper" Allegra couldn't believe her eyes. She thought she'd never see him again.

Jesper turned around giving her a big hug while the other two were frozen. They had no idea what was going on.

"Allegra what are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be at the Little Palace?" he asked.
"Long story. What are you doing here?" Allegra tried to avoid that conversation.

"What are you two doing there?" Kaz asked mockingly.
"Oh yeah, guys this is my childhood friend Allegra Flynn." Jesper said quickly.

"You have told me about her. Didn't you say she was a Grisha?" Inej asked.
Truth be told Jesper wouldn't shut up about her. He mentioned her in every card game he started. He said it brought him good luck.

"Yes let's turn back to the real reason we're here. Where did you put the money?" Kaz asked impatiently.
"How did you find me" Allegra replied straightening her posture and looking Kaz straight in the eyes.

She couldn't deny they were really beautiful. For a moment she stared at him until she thought she was being weird and directed her eyes away.

She saw the cane besides Kaz and it clicked. She was wondering who was this guy.
"Wait a minute you're Kaz Brekker!" she part screamed.
"Yes?" Kaz was clearly confused.

"Oh, Saints I just stole from Dirtyhands Kaz Brekker himself!" she thought of it as an achievement but Kaz had other plans.

"Ok, say I give you the money. What's in it for me?" she asked. Six months in Ketterdam she had to know her way around things.
"You can become a part of the Dregs. Better room, more money and protection" he answered.

"Allegra say yes, please, I'm in the gang too and I don't want to lose you again." Jesper said facing her.
"Fine, but only for you." she replied and walked towards her hiding spot. She took out the money and tossed it to Kaz.

She was in for a treat.