Finding solutions

~ Here's a pic of Freddy Carter being a proud mom from the virtual meet and greet of the s&b cast which I couldn't join. Sad times but let's get on with the  chapter 🌻~

Tw: caps in some points

Third person POV.

Jesper and Allegra were sitting at the bar thinking of different ways to cross the Fold. No one had come with any solutions till now and it was driving Jesper crazy.

"Why did Kaz say yes in the first place. We don't even have a way of crossing." he complained.
"We have four days Jes, we'll find a way" she assured him.

"Joe bring another drink here. I think we're gonna be here all night" Jesper ordered.
"Well while you drink I will go around trying to get information. Don't get drunk" she warned him and left.

Allegra had no idea how to find a way across but she thought maybe the menageries had a way since they had new boys and girls almost every week.

She wouldn't dare go to Heleen, not only because if she learned about the job she would not let Inej come but because Heleen was always trying to buy her. She would make Kaz different offers with a lot of money but he wouldn't accept them.

Later on she had tried to kidnap her and make it look like someone else did it just so she could buy her. None of those methods worked. She tried the Orchid but no luck. They would bring girls normally with ships and even lose some people through the crossing.

While walking around a man grabbed her wrist. She got in defensive mode and tried to choke him. He patter gently her hands signaling her to let him go. She let him go but kept her defense up.

"Nothing to be scared of pretty thing" 'thing' she scolded at that but the man just gave her a smirk.
"What do you want?" she asked in an angry voice.

"You, tonight, for three thousand kruge" he said simply sliding a note in her hand. Allegra just spit in his face and left disgusted.

After that she went to the White Rose. The owner would brag that he had a safe way across but he would only tell her if she came working there. Fine then he chose the hard way.

Allegra turned back to the Crow Club and tried to find Kaz. She knocked in his office and heard his voice telling her to get in.

"Kaz I think I got a lead. There's this guy that owns the White Rose that says he has a safe way across but he won't tell me unless I go working with him and I'm not doing that."

"Do you believe him? He could be bluffing."
"He looked pretty confident. Besides what can't a threat from Inej do?" she suggested.

"Good thinking" Kaz replied getting up and lifting the painting behind him to reveal the safe where he hid the money.

"Did you do something about Inej?" Allegra tilted her head.
"No, Heleen asks for too much money, I'll have to think of another way to win it." he says turning to face her. He ran a hand through his hair.

"How much?" Allegra asked. She may have a way of getting the money. One she wouldn't like but they all knew they needed Inej for this.

"She wants at least two hundred thousand kruge just to let her come." Kaz said looking at her in the eyes. He was wondering what was going on in her mind.

"You'll have the money in the morning then" she sighed and went for the door. Kaz reached and caught her wrist making her flinch lightly.

"Where are you going?" he asked with a bit of worry in his voice.
"I can get the money." she said plainly.
"How?" Kaz was serious.

The way to his heart ~ Kaz Brekker FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara