Let's get started

~ Can we all agree that turtlenecks were made for him??? Cuz yes 😌~

Kaz's POV

Sitting on my desk waiting for news from Inej my mind wandered to Allegra. It's doing that a lot lately and I don't know how to stop it. It's distracting.

I can't stay close to her without thinking of my hands running through her curly hair. These last days I started feeling something weird whenever she and Jesper were close.

But what was it? I mentally slapped myself. I shouldn't be distracted from this, whatever it is. We'd get the job done, get our money and go our own ways. She'd get the ship and... She'd get the ship... she'd get the ship and leave him. Him?  Why did he care?

Maybe because she was a good investment for the Dregs. Yeah, that would be it. I was so deep in thoughts, I didn't hear Inej calling me. I snapped out of it.

"He gave me the address" she said " His name is the conductor."

"Well let's pay him a visit. Find Jesper and Allegra" I said getting up.
"Allegra might not be in the mood. She got drunk last night and Jesper took her to bed." she said and i felt that weird feeling again.

"Fine just Jesper then, let's go. The conductor might be warned and trying to leave." I said walking past her. Inej nodded and left to find Jesper.

Jesper's POV.

Allegra had a bad hungover. I kept her hair back while she vomited. Inej appeared at that moment out of nowhere. I jumped back a tinsy bit scared.

"Hi Jesper, how is she?" she asked nodding towards Allegra.
"Not that good. After drinking so much I'd be surprised if she was fine" i chuckled and patted Allegra on the back.

She got up and i gave her a glass of water. She took it thanking me and drained it.

"Kaz wants us to go somewhere." Inej said looking at me. I raised an eyebrow.
"Where?" I asked.

"We have a lead for the job." she answered.
"You got the address from the guy?" Allegra asked and Inej nodded.

"Wait what address. I've missed something haven't I?" I looked at both of them. Allegra had a little smirk on her lips.

"Great just let me grab my coat and I'm coming" Allegra said and i went to stop her.
"Whoa, whoa,  where do you think you're going. You are not ok." I said referring to her hungover.

"Yeah, um Kaz said you could stay." Inej cut in. Wait, Kaz? He said she could stay? Who the heck is that person and what did he do to Kaz Brekker?

He used to not care about people's health conditions if it was for a job. Especially something like a hungover. I could hear his voice clearly in my head ' you decided to drink, not my fault you're not feeling well'.

Is he getting soft? Nahhh, i don't think so, he maybe doesn't trust Allegra enough to let her hear this information. Yeah that would be it.

Third person POV (for a little)

Both boys were trying to avoid the fact that they were jealous about each other. Jesper having completely accepted the feelings in him felt 'threatened' by Kaz's sudden burst of niciness.

Whilst Kaz, on the other side, didn't know what these feelings were exactly. He had tried to push them down like he did with everything but it wasn't working. They seemed to always resurface and distract him.

Both of them had fallen for the same girl, one knowing it and one not wanting to acknowledge it.

Allegra's POV.