The crow is back

*the next chapters are going to be based on the show with some changes. All rights go to the writer and show producer. I own only the oc Allegra Flynn and her backstory*

Third person POV.

It had been six months since Allegra had left and everyone had missed her. Inej sent her letters almost every week. If Ran, the messenger crow, could talk he would be complaining their ears off.

In Ketterdam things were the same. Jesper would play and lose, Inej would gather all the information needed and Kaz would run the Dregs as he always did.

Now he was sitting in his desk after a good heist. He'd sent a letter to Allegra a week ago and was waiting for Ran to come back. He felt another presence in the room and looked around to see Inej.

"Hello Inej" he said with a straight face and got up from his chair. Inej watched as he made his way to the basin and took off his gloves, revealing his hands.

'What information do you have for me tonight?" he said without looking at her.
"A lead on a job. A big one. Enough money to change lives." she replied as Ran flied in through the open window. Kaz saw him and immediately put on his gloves and walked towards the bird.

"It doesn’t take much to change someone’s life in the Barrel." he said taking the letter off of Ran's leg.
"A million kruge?" Inej proposed. Kaz looked up from the letter. That was a lot of money. Not that they hadn't gotten bigger amounts but the more the better, right?

"What’s the name?" he asked.
"Dreesen. A wealthy merchant." Inej answered.
"Dreesen. I’ve heard of him. He could afford it. The question is, what’s worth a million kruge to him?" he analysed.

"He’s looking for a crew willing to cross the Fold into East Ravka and bring back something." Inej answered taking the letter from his hands. She hadn't heard from Allegra in a long time anyway.

"The Fold? Well, of course, certain death pays a million." he scoffed.

"We've done this once before Kaz" she said folding her arms.
"He didn’t say what he wants nicked?" Kaz ignored her.

"No." Inej said, "But he’s taking meetings tonight, starting at midnight."

"Tell me you followed him." he said somewhat in a pleading manner. Inej smirked.

"He brought someone in from a ship. Took a way back to his house in the Garden District to avoid attention.

I would have followed him inside, but Dreesen’s hired some private security.
I would have had to use my knives to get closer." she said as rumble was heard outside and Ran snuggled closer to Kaz who looked at him confused but petted his head anyway.

"Private security. Anyone we know?" he wondered.

"A Zemeni man. I think his name is Tendo. You know him?" she said setting the letter down. Allegra had written that she was pretty close to Ketterdam for a job and that things were going well. And to also send more bird seeds for Ran because she had run out.

"Yeah. He gambles at one of Pekka’s clubs. So I won’t have leverage on him. But Pekka will." he said that name in complete disgust and hatred.

"Kaz, I got this lead from one of the girls at the Menagerie.They tell me things in case you’d buy them out, like you did with me." Inej put forward.

"I didn’t, I’m paying off your indenture." Kaz said coldly.
"You know what I mean. This one girl, Kesh, she has skill. She’s like me." she pressed.

"I only invest in the one of a kind." Kaz said and waved her off.
"So? What’s our move now?" Inej gave up and asked.

"You’re the one of us who believes in a higher power. If we’re going to survive a round trip through the Fold a second time, we’ll need a miracle or two." Kaz smirked and tied a letter to Ran's leg along with a little bag of bird seeds.

Ran was quick to deliver the letter to Allegra who was checking some maps in her cabin. She heard his beak hit the window a few times and got up to open the window and let him in.

The wind hit her face and Ran pointed to his leg with his head. Allegra petted him and took the letter.

"Gregg set sail towards Ketterdam. We're going on a heist." she said setting the letter down and wearing her tricorn.

§≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈§

Kaz and Inej were in the Crow Club watching Jesper losing all his money.
"Saints, is Allegra here because i just won this!" he said after the game took a turn for his benefit.

"Well, maybe i am good luck" a voice was heard and all three turned their head.

Allegra was standing there in her pirate clothes, high boots with gold wavey details. Her bulletproof kefta looked brand new. Underneath it, there was heavily armed belt with two revolvers on the sides and different sized knives. Her tricorn had a crow feather on top and her hair was tied in a low ponytail.

"I heard you needed some luck" she said as Inej ran towards her engulfing her in a big hug. She hugged back and smiled. She had missed everyone. Jesper was next to greet her and then Kaz. He just gave a nod which she returned.

Their hearts both skipped a beat. Kaz remembered every detail about her. No matter how hard he'd tried, he was never able to forget her. They both thought that staying away from each other would make the weird feelings vanish, but they weren't that lucky. Those weird feelings were still there buried under a layer of denial, now they were trying to dig their way up.

Pushing everything aside for another time they went up in Kaz's office to discuss the plan. He hadn't included any details in case the letter got intercepted.

"I see the painting is still here" Allegra noticed.
"Well it's a good work, it'd be a shame to sell it" he lied. That painting was the only thing left back from Allegra and he wasn't getting rid of it.

"Alright, what's the deal?" she said taking a seat across Kaz.
"I don't have much" he said and Allegra rolled her eyes.
"When do we ever have much, Kaz?" she said looking at him.

"True, but Inej brought some useful information" he continued explaining what Inej had told him.

Allegra agreed and they went back to the Crow Club as to not draw too much attention. They had to wait for midnight.

Wow me uploading, never seen that before. I'll try to upload more but i have school and it's seriously a pain. Anygays enjoy this chapter. See ya <3

(comments and votes are very pog and appreciated <3)