Heist time

Tw: certain way of persuasion (idk how to put it)

Third person POV.

Kaz was nice enough to give Allegra a room in the Slat for her to live. But he wanted to be sure that she was a worthy investment for the Dregs. He had a challenge for her and if she told them the truth about surviving six months only by stealing this was going to be easy.

Allegra's POV.

Jesper was helping me move in my new room in the Slat.
"So do you know how to use guns?" he asked me.
"No? Should I?" I asked confused putting a box away.

I didn't have a lot of things but the room Kaz gave me was already messy and dirty. It was a medium size room with a window that faced the harbour. It had a bed and the roof was a bit opened. I'd have to fix that later.

"Well you have to protect yourself somehow" Jesper shook me off my thoughts.
"I think I've survived just fine all this time without guns"

"Yes you have but now you're with the Dregs. Everyone is going to be a threat now." he said casually like near death experiences were something usual around here.

"You know what? I'll talk to Kaz, maybe he can let us use one of the safe houses outside the city for training." he said happily.

"Yeah, as if Kaz will allow it" I replied disbelievingly. I sat down besides him realizing a worried look in his face.
"What's wrong Jesper?"

"Why are you here? You're supposed to be at the Palace." he says putting a hand over mine. My face drops. I can't tell him what really happened.

I'm not ready to admit that I was weak to let what happened... happen. Besides I can't bother Jesper with it. At least not yet, so I settled with a lie.

"They sent me with a mission to infiltrate Fjerdan borders. I got caught and before they put me inside the Ice Court I escaped." I tried to make it sound convincing but i don't think Jesper bought it.

"That's all that happened?" he asked raising an eyebrow.
"Yes, Jesper that's all that happened." I said looking him in the eyes.

"Fine. Well... I'll go talk to Kaz, after a game in the Crow Club." he said with a laugh.
"So tomorrow?" I asked sarcastically. He stuck his tongue out to me and left. I laughed to myself and shook my head.

I turned around to pick up another box only to jump back. Inej was just standing there. That girl scares me. She appears and disappears just like that.

"Oh, hi Inej. How long have you been staying there?" I asked.
"Just came. You and Jesper have a really good relationship, don't you" she asked sitting down.

"Yeah, I'm happy to know nothing has changed between us." I say smiling and sitting besides her.
"You wanna go watch him loose all his money?" she asked standing by the door.

"Of course, I want a drink as well" I said getting up and following her.
We arrived at the Crow Club and saw Jesper already sat down playing cards.

"Ah, hello girls. Hey boys this is the girl I've been talking about all this time" Jesper says getting up and throwing his arm around me.

"Well, he's been braggin' that you're good luck to him. Let's see if that's true" one of the men says. I was going to give him a cheesy reply but Kaz came.

"Allegra I have a job for you, come up" he says and then turns around going up to his office. Me and Jesper looked at each other then followed Kaz up the stairs.

We got in and Kaz shot a look at Jesper who was behind me. For the fist time I noticed Inej hiding to listen to what was Kaz about to say.

"I thought I said only Allegra." Kaz said towards Jesper.
"Sorry boss but me and Allegra ain't getting sperated again." Jesper replied.