Chapter 31

Jack’s POV (Annabella’s Dad)

I paced around the room. Going back and forth with my feral. He is angry that this has happened to our princess. Lestat wanted out and he wants control of my body so he can show Carlos a real King.

“Let me out!” Lestat hissed loudly.

“Nobody is supposed to know that we are the ancient Vampire King.” I spoke back to him and he hissed at me.

“Do you think I care about what people know? My princess is in a fucking hospital bed because her body shut down. That stupid son of a bitch; I’ll show him a real king.” He barred his teeth at me as his fangs emerged.

“If we let it show that we are the ancient Vampire King what do you think will happen to Annabella and our sons? Nobody must know. As far as everybody knows we are dead. Gone, disappeared off the face of the Earth. My children will be in danger Lestat.” I hissed at him and he quieted down for a minute.

“They are my children too you know. I love them just as much as you do and I dare somebody to come after them. I will rip their spleen from their bodies. Just because I’m backing down doesn’t mean I’m not out for Carlos anymore. You better handle him before I do.” Lestat said calmly and sat in the corner. I rolled my eyes and blocked him out.

“Excuse me Jack,” I heard the doctor say and I turned around and faced the doctor. I observed him and he had a slight smirk on his face and for some reason I’m on high alert about everybody surrounding my children. “Your daughter is in a coma.” He said and the corner of his lips twitched as he said that. He looks like he wants to smile, but he’s holding it back. I narrowed my eyes at him and Lestat begin to hiss loudly.

“Go to our daughter,” Lestat hissed. Yeah something is defiantly wrong here. I looked at the doctor briefly before contacting Aidan, Andres, and Andrew.

“Come to the hospital immediately.” I hissed through their minds. Within seconds they were standing on the side of me narrowing their eyes at the doctor. “Watch him,” I commanded and walked out towards my daughter’s room.

“Um sir you can’t…” He didn’t even finish the sentence because I was already around the corner sniffing out my daughter’s scent. I reached my daughter’s room and went inside to see her missing. The whole damn hospital bed is missing.

“Where the fuck is our daughter?” Lestat and I roared and sped through the hospital following her scent. When we finally found her she was being taken towards the elevator and nurses and doctors I’ve never seen before surrounding her. We hissed loudly and I saw Vince and my sons stand beside me. Their warlocks are showing now.

I rushed towards them and let everything unleash. As up now I don’t even care about somebody knowing about me being the ancient Vampire King. You tried taking my fucking daughter. You must have a death wish. Bodies began catching fire from left to right and I was ripping spleens out as I go. I reached my daughter’s bed and shielded her. I caught one of the nurses by her neck and her eyes widened.

“You’re supposed to be dead.” She growled out masking her fear and I smiled flashing my fangs before ripping her spleen out and picking my daughter up form the bed. I walked out the hospital with her brothers and Vince behind me.

“Burn the fucking place down.” I hissed out. As up now I just want to burn everything down. I don’t trust anybody. We will be going back to my castle instead of this one. “Burn it all down.” I hissed out and called forth the Vampire’s and witches. I no longer trust Carlos and the wolves.

“Where are you taking my mate?” I heard Carlos growl out but then he stopped. “King Lestat it’s nice to see you again.” His warlock Thaddeus said walking towards me coolly. “What happened?” He asked looking at the burnt down hospital and castle.

“Somebody tried to take my daughter.” I hissed out and Thaddeus’ eyes started glowing and he looked at his mate briefly before looking at me.

“Shall we go? There’s something skeptical going on around here. If you don’t mind I would like to call forth my pack.” Thaddeus said and I shook my head. “Not the one that’s in this kingdom right now. That’s not my pack. My pack is my powerful than that. My pack is full of hybrids.” He explained and I nodded. As we stepped through the portal Thaddeus’ pack was kneeling when the portal closed.

“Welcome back King’s, princess, and prince’s.” My kingdom welcomed us as we walked towards my castle. I walked into my castle and headed upstairs and placed my daughter in her room, where doctors and nurses begin to treat her.

“My King um somebody put her in this coma.” Doctor Kale said and I hissed at him.

“I know that fix her.” I hissed at him.

“She’ll wake within two days.” He said and walked out of the room.

“Do you have any idea who decided to hurt my mate?” I heard Carlos asked and I looked at him briefly.

“No but I sure as hell will find out. You better protect my daughter or I’m kicking your ass.” I said and walked out of the room.

“What the hell is going on dad?” Aidan questioned me as soon as he saw me.

“If you must know son I am the ancient Vampire King and you are an prince. An ancient one. Your warlock should have told you son. Now I have something to handle. Keep your eye on your sister.” I said rubbing a hand down my face. Shit, this is stressful.

“We must protect what’s ours.” Lestat said and I agreed.

You damn right I’m going to protect what’s mine. I trust no one now.

Let me tell you all about Georgia. These folks get a warning of a snow storm and they shut down the whole damn state. I'm from mid-west and 4-6 inches of snow isn't anything compared to 4-6 feet of snow. These scary people out here. I can't y'all I cant. The meteorologist don't even know what's coming. It's raining and sleeting not snowing.