chapter 12

"Myra." He called, watching her sit up on the bed. "Yes Sir?" She answered gazing up at him. Her eyes always held gentleness within them, something he wasn't used to.

"Are you coming down for Dinner?" He asked, making his tone softer. "Oh..." she muttered, taken aback by his question. She was used to strict orders and demands, even from him. She nodded in response sliding on her high heels, following him down.

Her stomach rumbled at the smell that lingered in the air. She hoped it tasted as good as it smelled, it had been so long since she'd had something to satisfy her cravings.

"Hope pizza is okay." He said settling down. Myra settled down opposite him, unable to hide her excitement. "Yes!"

His eyes snapped up to her face and noticed the excitement in hers. He kept his face blank and pushed the box towards her. She looked up at him questioningly. "Aren't you going to eat?" She asked shyly.

"Ladies first." He nodded. She pulled out a slice and watched him take one too. She waited for him to take his bite first, not wanting to seem too eager. Vincent pulled his phone out, pretending to be busy so the atmosphere doesn't fill with awkwardness, but it seemed impossible. He waited for her to finish her first slice before asking her anything.

He looked up at her too see her licking some sauce off her lip, he looked away quickly not wanting his mind to go into the gutter. After she had eaten it , he looked at her for a moment before deciding to ask her more questions.

"Myra."

She looked up at him, swallowing her bite. She cleared her throat awkwardly. "Yes?"

"Tell me about your relationship with Ben."

He watched her face drop at mentioning her husband. "There's not much to tell." She mumbled, putting her slice down.

She peeked up at him through her lashes. "I'm sorry. I'll tell you whatever you want to know."

Her heart throbbed wildly in her chest, afraid that he would lose his temper again. "Tell me why you've never been intimate with him." He stated. He'd been curious since last night, but wasn't sure on how to approach her apart from asking her directly.

"I- I think he doesn't find me attractive."

Vincent knew that was bullshit.

"Are you lying to me?" He asked, unable to keep the harshness out of his voice. She shook her head, her embarrassment increasing.

"He said I need to lose weight." She whispered, crossing her arms self-consciously, he could see her visibly shrinking in attempt to hide her body.

Myra felt her eyes watering again. "And?" He pushed, trying to get more answers.

"I went on a diet. I tried to make him h-happy." She continued after a second. A tear escaped from her eyes and she stood up from her stool, trying to rush past him to get away, but he was faster. He pulled her back into himself, she pushed his arm off her waist, but he only held her tighter.

"You're going to tell me everything. From the beginning to the end. Understood?" He growled angrily. Myra felt the same fear pulsing through her veins as she did on the first day. She nodded, sobbing softly. He let go of her when he was sure she wouldn't run away again.

"Can I p-please have a m-minute?" She pleaded, as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. He nodded.

She took deep breaths, grabbing some tissues and wiping her face before sitting down again.

He waited patiently, pulling out some drinks from the fridge unsure of whether she drinks or not.

She looked up at him after a few minutes and sighed.