chapter 29

Dinner went better than she had imagined, she was sure her Father was going to have a word with her about Vincent. She wasn't sure what she would say, but she wasn't going to leave him no matter what.

Her parents cleaned up after Dinner leaving the rest of them at the table. Myra moved everyone to the sofas where they sat together, having their usual banter.

"Is that gun real?" Asked Syra, she was the youngest, only 16 years old. Vincent nodded, glancing at Myra. "Can I hold it?" She asked shyly.

"No!" Interjected Myra, it wasn't a toy to pass to children. "Please Myra. I just want to see it." She pouted.

Vincent pulled the gun out of his holster, unloading it and passing it to her sister. "Vincent! I said no." She said narrowing her eyes angrily. "I've taken the magazine out. It's fine." He said rolling his eyes.

"You're going to be such a terrible Father." She said crossing her arms. "Not with you around." He answered. Myra was taken aback by his answer, her lips parted with surprise, but she said nothing else.

Nyma coughed, diverting their attention back to the rest of them. "Syra, give it back before Dad sees it on you." She scolded. Syra pouted again holding the gun out to Vincent who took it from her and secured it back into the holster.

"Come on everyone, it's bedtime." Said her Mother, walking in. "Mum, is it okay if I sleep in your room?" She asked looking at the floor.

"Of course sweetheart." She smiled. Myra had a lot of things to say. "Why don't you put Vincent in your room and come when you're done."

Myra nodded, standing up and looking down at Vincent who didn't get up yet. "Are you coming?" She asked raising her brow. He smirked getting up. He was going to be sleeping in her room, which meant he was free to explore it.

He followed her through the house where they stopped outside her room. She slowly opened the door, turning on the lights. She stood there for a moment, looking at her small bed on the side of the room where she spent a long time studying and doing homework. Then her a small cupboard where she kept a few books that she owned. It was pretty much empty and small. Myra stepped in walking over to the small picture frame of herself and her sisters.

"Myra." He called gently. She turned around and looked up at him. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned. Her behaviour was unusual, sure she had cried but he expected more emotions. "Yes. I'm just trying not to think about it. I feel safer with my family. And with you."

He walked up to her, wrapping his arm around her waist. "I'm sorry I sent you back. I should've known he was going to do something stupid." He apologised, kissing her forehead. "How could you have known?" She asked, placing her hands on his chest, playing with the button of his shirt. "I just should've." He whispered, leaning down to her.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you."

"Myra, you don't have to apologise. You've just gone through something traumatising." He frowned, rubbing her back. She pulled him into a tight embrace, wrapping her arms around him. Myra felt her emotions bubbling up again, pressing her face into his chest. He held her while she cried softly, sniffling.

After a few minutes, she pulled away. "You look beautiful even when you cry." He said, wiping her tears. She let out a partial sob and giggle, shaking her head. "I'm going to grab my clothes."

She opened her cupboard, looking at her old clothes. Myra loved dressing casual, jeans and t-shirts were her go-to clothes, but Ben never allowed her to wear them. He preferred dresses, mostly formal ones. She pulled out her favourite black superman shirt and black sweatpants, before turning to look at him, clutching her clothes to her chest.